IP for Reports?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valorae

09-11-2012

Alright, so I generally just live and let be when I deal with some people in games, but damn, did I meet a pair of capital A-holes today. The players in question being... Filoupin and MaybeOwnerz, a premade team from Twisted Tree line in my last game. There's also a third team mate on this opposing team, Azullo. Alright, time for some backstory...

It was a normal day in TT with a good ole match up, but you could notice problems with the opposing team on sight. There were three bottom, for a solid 15 minutes. I had the honor of steam rolling the outer tier top tower. being the good sports we were, my team inquired about why they let top go. Sadly, I don't have screen shots or logs, and I cannot quote directly, so a lot of this will be heresay. Keep in mind I'm reporting this because it's just so astonishing... anyway.

The Teemo player (MaybeOwnerz) started off by blaming Riven (Azullo). The basis of the story was that being a premade, they (Teemo and Warwick [Filoupin]) were entitled to do what they wanted. There was a claim Riven had isntantly locked into the game without a word. There's bad ettiquite all around.

My team easily looked at this, heads tilted, and wondered why - if Riven indeed refused to communicate or play the top lane - neither of them went top... We received the same ignorant commentary on being a premade, yada yada. It elevated, as always, to a rage debate about reporting people. Teemo and Warwick were pretty much bashing Riven (and this is solely in the "all chat"; I have no idea what's going on behind the team chat viel), and going on about reporting her/him (gotta love refering to players by character gender/name).

The discussion, pretty much one sided, lead to Teemo bragging about receiving some 5000 IP for tribunal reports. I'm not sure if this is filing through them or reporting people in game. WW was ignored by me at that point. Such players are distracting.

So here's the point I want to get to: WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD RIOT BE REWARDING THE PLAYERS FOR THE VERY BEHAVIOR THEY'RE TRYING TO CULL?! Was there not just a huge debate about players THREATENING other players via reports? Isn't there someone checking up on this, in the name of a good gaming community? WHY AM I STILL DEALING WITH THIS BULL**** IN GAME?
Oh, and on the note of IP for reporting people, if that's the case I've reported my fair share of trolls and ignorant players, I'll take my free IP if that's the case. Playing games and struggling to cooperate with ignorant players I'm randomly matched win for a negative win/loss ratio as it is, just to farm IP for new champions? Overrated. The message I'm receiving is the tribunal is failing and the people it's in place for are exploiting it.

Why is it that the tribunal only allows us to judge those with the reports. Please, add a feature that filters in people reporting as well. They can make a pretty report and all for show, put on a smiling face, but we get a good sense of the player he/she truly is in the game chat. Also, get rid of this IP for reports/reviews JUNK. The focus should be on the game. if you want in game resources paly said game. If there are players we want to filter out of the community, let the tribunal be there to do so. Honest players who want to improve the environment will help with or without reward. Unless that is you don't mind these ******s running around the game bragging about it and being ******s still.

I've been banned for a really negative attitude and poddy mouth before, I'll admit. I took my ban knowing I did wrong, and have since tried very hard to verbalize my complaints aloud instead of in game chat. It helps, but it's still frustrating. The tribunal does have potential to work. There's just this problem with people still abusing and exploiting its functions and reward systems.

Thank you for your attention on this matter. I hope I didn't bore you at all. All information placed here was done so in thought of it being relevant to establishing the mood of the game and situation seeing I sadly lack chat logs. Sad panda...

Questions, comments, concerns, discussion? Feedback appreciated!

Exploding Barrel

09-11-2012

There is no reward for reporting. He was either lying or you are confused about what he meant. There IS a small IP reward for voting in the Tribunal when your verdict matches the majority, though that is likely going to be phased out in favor of other rewards in the coming months.

MaybeOwnerz

07-28-2013

Huehuehuehuehuehuehue :d

Hexanna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2013

There is NO IP reward for tribunal anymore, hasn't been that way in a year.

Also naming and shaming will get you forum banned. Remove the names.

AeroWaffle

07-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDR Baby Firefly View Post
There is NO IP reward for tribunal anymore, hasn't been that way in a year.

Also naming and shaming will get you forum banned. Remove the names.
Look at the date of the thread

tempname129c

07-28-2013

Baited, TDR Baby Firefly.

/burn

Hexanna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroWaffle View Post
Look at the date of the thread
haha oh lord.

edit-i need sleep..>.>

AraMoOse

07-28-2013

Does anyone know where I could find a horse trimmer?

ChiefOfPolice

07-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeOwnerz View Post
Huehuehuehuehuehuehue :d
Yorick main?

Stratostheory

07-29-2013

Yorick strikes again