"The big three"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Puma is Zero

09-11-2012

I recently just got into watching competitive play. I started to hear about "The big three" in bot lane. And that he more I watched tourney's the more bored I got with Adc's. I feel like the lack of variety also makes for a lack of strategic options regarding bot. Is riot planning to balance the Adc's so we could see a Kog or Cait more often in competitive play?

Sarkhon

09-11-2012

The issue is that the big three have a free escape. Kog and Cait are both plenty fine in ranked and regulars, but until the big three get seriously nerfed on their ratio's, I don't see anyone else getting a lot of time in the sun as far as tournaments go... it's just too dangerous without an escape. Though I've seen some of the EU teams playing a lot of Ashe in competitive play.

corallein

09-11-2012

Corki already got nerfed and likely won't be seen as much, at least once that patch goes on the Tournament realm.

Tires

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallein View Post
Corki already got nerfed and likely won't be seen as much, at least once that patch goes on the Tournament realm.
Was his nerf that bad? Its was a CD increase on Valkyrie and a nerf (though more rebalance) on his missiles reducing their spam-ability. These don't make him un-usable I mean his passive is still awesome and he still has a free escape.

corallein

09-12-2012

You seem to have missed the part where crit damage no longer adds to his passive. That's a pretty big nerf to his auto-attack damage.

Apollinarius

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma is Zero View Post
I recently just got into watching competitive play. I started to hear about "The big three" in bot lane. And that he more I watched tourney's the more bored I got with Adc's. I feel like the lack of variety also makes for a lack of strategic options regarding bot. Is riot planning to balance the Adc's so we could see a Kog or Cait more often in competitive play?
It seems that we won't see any change until Season 3 because the World Championship is still being played on a patch that's older than the nerfs to ez/corki/graves.

I think this is stupid and will have a very negative effect on how the World Championship goes.

On the other hand, I look forward to seeing blue side ban Ez/Graves and first pick Corki for auto-win.