Ping issues (200-500+)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheasus Crust

09-14-2012

Same problem for me, before they Syndra patch I was running at about 100 ping, after i am at 180!

Cheasus Crust

09-14-2012

Same issue, ever since the Syndra patch, i have been having latency issues, before- 100 ping After- 180 ping.

Fynnch

09-14-2012

Bump. Pretty much the same thing with me. The game is basically unplayable at the moment.

Miokii

09-14-2012

Bump

Update: I know I said previously that I was so angry that I was about to quit League completely, and yes it is still virtually unplayable with such a ping, but I have tested it on my laptop again over Ethernet and wireless, and have figured that it is either the traffic (from others in my household) and my bandwidth just can't handle it, or it is purely my computer. I still have yet to come to a 100% resolution or conclusion to this problem, but my next step so far has been to update my drivers. I've yet to test this. Will try to continue to update!

I WON'T GIVE UP! I LOVE YOU LEAGUE OF LEGENDS. <3

Vigilant Ronin

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokii View Post
Hello!

I've been recently having some latency issues within League of Legends. I've read around the forums for a little while now and googled, and I still cannot manage to find anything that will help.

Alright so this has been happening for about a week now, I've had no problems before this (I've only been back to League for about two to three weeks now)
Its usual for people in my house to also be playing World of Warcraft, other LoL games and browsing the web (I have never had any issue with any of this before) but I still encounter this problem even when only Skype and LoL are running.

My ping steady's at around 70-90 and then goes berserk in game. I've recently calmed it down by repairing my league, and taking my firewalls off (as well as resting some date and time thing through my cmd) It was working for a few minutes (I was jungling) and then I got in a team fight (of 4 people counting myself) and my ping was so bad that my game froze, Fiora jumped around but I only saw her choppily moving around my screen, and then I saw myself die.

I've also run tests that have been asked for within other forum posts so I will post them below. I'd love to figure out this issue, any feedback would be fantastic!

Related Information
I'm Canadian (NA)
I use Bell as an internet provider
I am NOT connected via wireless, direct with an Ethernet cable

Virus Programs:
Microsoft Security Essentials
Malware Bytes
Avast

^^^ All of these have League of Legends AND Skype as an exclusion

Pingtest.net
0% Packet Loss
22 Ping
1 Jitter

Speedtest.net
31 Ping
2.15 Download Mbps
.68 Upload Mbps

ICSI Netalyzr
http://n1.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu...5-4e18-967c/rd

Thanks,

Miokii
Same over here man my ping is normally 150-200 which isn't that bad imo. Ever since the patch my ping has sat at a constant 450-500 ping. This is unplayable. I am on a direct connection and using my GAMING computer.

ArtistDragonrage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2012

The other day I was grouped up with people that had the same issues that I have been having, they all live in the eastern time zone of Canada and the USA. Maybe that might be a factor?

Miokii

09-15-2012

Bump

Supermna

09-15-2012

same issues here. When my ping sky rockets i also get a "Attempting to Reconnect.." box that pops up on the middle of my screen and just sits there but rarely do i reconnect and if i do its never for long.

OSUBeavBane

09-15-2012

My ping has been atrocious today. Normal it is less than 50 ms but today it is over 200 ms and I have DCed from games twice. While DCed from the game I ran a ping test against google.com and got a ping of 15ms. I don't know what is going on with the Riot servers today.

I live near Portland, Oregon and using Speedtest.net I had to test against a server in San Jose, CA (700 miles away) to get a ping of 200. My ping to the Seattle area is 75.

PlayDohBear

09-15-2012

Same here, using frontier for my net here in seattle. after syndra patch 135-200+ normally 60ms steady. im reinstalling the game right now to see if it fixes the issue... however @ my friends house the ping is fine o.O. so really lost atm lol...