Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ping issues (200-500+)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Miokii

Recruiter

09-11-2012

Hello!

I've been recently having some latency issues within League of Legends. I've read around the forums for a little while now and googled, and I still cannot manage to find anything that will help.

Alright so this has been happening for about a week now, I've had no problems before this (I've only been back to League for about two to three weeks now)
Its usual for people in my house to also be playing World of Warcraft, other LoL games and browsing the web (I have never had any issue with any of this before) but I still encounter this problem even when only Skype and LoL are running.

My ping steady's at around 70-90 and then goes berserk in game. I've recently calmed it down by repairing my league, and taking my firewalls off (as well as resting some date and time thing through my cmd) It was working for a few minutes (I was jungling) and then I got in a team fight (of 4 people counting myself) and my ping was so bad that my game froze, Fiora jumped around but I only saw her choppily moving around my screen, and then I saw myself die.

I've also run tests that have been asked for within other forum posts so I will post them below. I'd love to figure out this issue, any feedback would be fantastic!

Related Information
I'm Canadian (NA)
I use Bell as an internet provider
I am NOT connected via wireless, direct with an Ethernet cable

Virus Programs:
Microsoft Security Essentials
Malware Bytes
Avast

^^^ All of these have League of Legends AND Skype as an exclusion

Pingtest.net
0% Packet Loss
22 Ping
1 Jitter

Speedtest.net
31 Ping
2.15 Download Mbps
.68 Upload Mbps

ICSI Netalyzr
http://n1.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/restore/id=43ca253f-20302-0c27c180-0a65-4e18-967c/rd

Thanks,

Miokii

GENIUSFFQ

09-11-2012

same to me help

foamyys

09-11-2012

BUMP for justice. I get random spikes too, probs 1-2 every minute, for about 3-5 secs each. It makes the game unplayable.
I have never had this problem before--and have never raged this hard before. This issue needs to be addressed, because i KNOW it is not on my side.

Miokii

Recruiter

09-11-2012

Bump

Quick update: I still haven't found anything. Restarting my net isn't helping.
I've run an AI game on my laptop and I only have minor lag spikes when videos and such are being used on the net. Its much better than my pc but I have FPS lag (go figure).

Will keep trying and post in if I find anything.

Also forgot to note above, my laptop is connected via wireless and somehow seems to run better internet wise than my pc, which is connected via ethernet.

Miokii

Recruiter

09-13-2012

Bump

xXdRaK

09-13-2012

Same with me, im in Canada BC and its been happening to me and Im rageing lol

ArtistDragonrage

09-13-2012

I posted in another thread about this too that i am having, usually I'm around 70-90 ping but now I'm 300-500 and sometimes to even 999 I'm not wireless and i have done everything riot suggested and nada...

RoonSkapeLamo

09-13-2012

I get the same problem

xXdRaK

09-13-2012

it freakin sucks, mine isnt as bad as your guy's/girls. idk why riot cant quick fix this, just a quick REFRESH

Miokii

Recruiter

09-13-2012

Bump

Another Update: Tested out Leatrix today, it helped a little I think, or perhaps it was the switch my dad tried to install (a hub I think). Still no luck over here, I hope one of you other NA guys are having more luck.

Bump for justice please! We need this problem resolved!