PLS ban duo rank trolls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chaostheatre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2012

http://imgur.com/dZH58

imcoollikdat

&

InFamousBaRoN

bottom slot didnt get the role he "called" and along side his friend decided to troll the rank game..
i mean turret diving at full hp non stop till dead and of course the chat history is nothing but "helping the team"
when really its
"everyone defend base" as both of them go to tank a turret 2 turrets in front of an inhib

Exploding Barrel

09-10-2012

Did you report them in game?

chaostheatre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2012

yes I did

Sereg Anfaug

09-10-2012

Don't troll your team in champ select then. From your use of quotes when you say he called his lane, I would surmise that you're the type of player that thinks being higher in the pick order is all that matters. I may be wrong about that, but it seems likely given what happened.

Now, that certainly doesn't put him in the right - what he did is definitely worse, and odds are he and his friend are toxic players anyway. But my point is that, if you try to work with your teammates in queue rather then against them, you can avoid alot of situations like that. You're first pick and want mid lane, but someone in the third or the last position calls it first? Let them mid. They're in a better pick order position to counterpick then you are, *and* they spoke up first. See what else your team needs(that is, whatever hasn't been called), and try to pick something that's less straightforward to counter, like a support or jungler.

Not only does this help your team composition, it also helps your team chemistry. Your courtesy in deferring to him will encourage the rest of your teammates to be more cooperative as well, and if you have a smooth start in champ select, you'll be less likely to go at each other once the game starts, which means you'll be QWERing instead of typing, and you'll all be in a better mood on top of it.

Alot of this game is emotional - don't do anything to disrupt that.

PlaytoWinForEver

09-11-2012

So calling lanes is more important than pick order?

chaostheatre

09-11-2012

pick order is random you dunno if your getting paired with lower or higher elo's I happened to be top slot, so saying that me and him both have the same comfortability with adc's I should pick a position im not as good at because of simply he called it first? or becuase I happen to be captain I now have to work around him instead of him working around me? where is the justice in the fact that I connect after him and am thinking about bans vs him blurting out roles?

I've watched streams of people who are high elo's playing for lower elo's friends in rank and was informed if you get top slot and you are comfortable carrying your team then you need to pick that and makes bans appropiate for you in lane. ie If im ever top slot its gonna be a ban on janna and cait 3'rd ban whoever my teammates dont wanna fight and then I pick ezreal unless a trade can be made

And if I'm bottom slot I make sure to let them know my strengths and weaknesses NOT yell out random roles and expect them to adhear to me as if I am the law.....

Exploding Barrel

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaostheatre View Post
pick order is random you dunno if your getting paired with lower or higher elo's I happened to be top slot, so saying that me and him both have the same comfortability with adc's I should pick a position im not as good at because of simply he called it first? or becuase I happen to be captain I now have to work around him instead of him working around me? where is the justice in the fact that I connect after him and am thinking about bans vs him blurting out roles?

I've watched streams of people who are high elo's playing for lower elo's friends in rank and was informed if you get top slot and you are comfortable carrying your team then you need to pick that and makes bans appropiate for you in lane. ie If im ever top slot its gonna be a ban on janna and cait 3'rd ban whoever my teammates dont wanna fight and then I pick ezreal unless a trade can be made

And if I'm bottom slot I make sure to let them know my strengths and weaknesses NOT yell out random roles and expect them to adhear to me as if I am the law.....
I'm with you on this... while everyone should be encouraged to start by laying out the role or two they are most comfortable with, this isn't elementary school and team comps shouldn't be locked into who called "dibs" first. Based on your side of the story it sounds like they were in the wrong, and the best way to report them directly is via a support ticket using the button in the upper right (reporting them in game was all you really needed to do though). Riot doesn't punish based on forum posts, and in fact "naming and shaming" is discouraged.

One point of confusion though, highest elo DOES pick first in ranked. The order is only random in normal draft.

chaostheatre

09-11-2012

Sorry I didn't know that was discouraged I've seen many a posts with peoples names and only assumed it was a "thing" I didn't know riot spoke out against names and am sorry for that.

however I do wanna ask about that ticket, I've seen it around in posts and have never fully understood exactly what that was why its there how to do it, ect...

And yes I know highest ELO does pick first that's why I tried to clarify that when you hit play you personally don't know if your going to be the higest ELO in your party vs lowest especially in solo que

chaostheatre

09-12-2012

bump for question about ticket submission

Exploding Barrel

09-12-2012

Click the "support" button in the upper right corner of this screen.