Who to buy next?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-10-2012

So, I've got just over 3150 IP.
I have every 450 champion unlocked except Poppy.
I have every every 1350 champion unlocked.

I also have some more expensive champions unlocked: Katarina, Blitzcrank, Heimerdinger, Kassadin, Gangplank, Corki, Shaco, Karthus, Twitch, Anivia, Rammus, and Volibear.

I mainly play top, jungle, or support. Most of the champions I have unlocked so far are from the RP bundles (some via IP however). So, I'm looking to unlock a new champion for one of these roles (though I'll probably lean to someone who can fulfill multiple roles, like perhaps Jarvan).

I don't mind continue to save up till 4800 or 6300, but if I'm going to get a 3150 next, I'd rather sooner than later.

I plan on trying out Vladimir and Riven this free week, and I'll be re-trying Jarvan IV and Mordekaiser (though I've played these champs before during free week and like both).

Those are all possibilities for me. Other champions that I've tried and I'm considering include: Xin Zhao, Jayce, Darius, Skarner, Renekton, and Lee Sin.

There are also champions that I've never played, but I have a friend who has almost every champion unlocked and let's me try champions on his account against bots. The ones I've never tried but I'm interested in include: Udyr, Pantheon, Olaf, Rumble, Maokai, Hecarim, Nautilus, Yorick, and Nocturne.

Honestly, I think I'll probably just go ahead and unlock Poppy, since she's the only champion cheaper than 3150 that I don't have, and she's only 450. But I'll still be looking to get another champion, so...

TL;DR

Darius
Hecarim
Jarvan IV
Jayce
Lee Sin
Maokai
Mordekaiser
Nautilus
Nocturne
Olaf
Pantheon
Renekton
Riven
Rumble
Skarner
Udyr
Vladimir
Xin Zhao
Yorick

Which one of these would you want on your team as a top, jungler, or support (I realize that none of these really make for all that great of a support)? Which one of these are most viable in multiple roles (top/jungle). I know Vlad can top or mid, but I don't really like mid all that much. And if you've got a top/mid/support in mind that's not on this list, please suggest it and tell me why I should consider it.

Hughes De Payens

09-11-2012

I personally enjoy Udyr. I also played Riven a few times and she's cool, though I don't tend to play top lane much, and everyone seems to like her.

Lee Sin is a good top and jungler.

Ootter

09-11-2012

Of that list you got there Jayce is a lot of fun and can fill a few rolls. Mao is nice jungler and can support bot. Noc is arguably one of the best ganking junglers. Rumble is by far my favorite top champ, he can't do much else but top, but her wrecks late game even if her lost his lane hard.

tl;dr get rumble, jayce, yorick, darius for top....or noc, skarner, mao for jungling...also olaf can top and jungle pretty well.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-11-2012

Just played a match with Morde (hue hue) and Vlad. I've already played Morde, so it was just a refresher, and I need more practice with Vlad, but I realized that with both of these champions, if I were to get them, I'd get myself a champ that can top or mid. And although I don't like playing mid, if I got good with them top, I'd at least have a champ that I could fill in mid with if necessary. Mordekaiser seems more fun right now... but I already know how to play him. Need more Vladimir practice.

But I'm still considering everyone on the list.

BTW, Mordekaiser's Q wrecks faces if you build Lich Bane... (Q has 4sec cooldown, Lich Bane passive 4sec cooldown).

Ouroborous HD

09-11-2012

olaf: wrecks most top lanes

nocturne: ganks too stronk

hecarim: early gank power and then he becomes a powerful damage sponge late game

iDpark

09-12-2012

Side note : I hate playing squishy champs. Therefore, I like top/jungle/support, just like you.

Champs I leave out, I haven't played.

Following champs I have no clue how to play, because I've played them like 1-2 times.

Lee Sin
Renekton
Riven
Skarner
Udyr
Vladimir

these Champs, I've played.
Xin Zhao - Early game, awesome ganks,
Jarvan IV - Great poke played top, decent ganks and clear speed in the jungle
Mordekaiser - Great farmer pusher, and with a ward, can wreck some serious stuff. Watch for hard counters.
Nautilus - Slow jungle, leona type support. Great ganks from jungle.
Nocturne - Clear time is fast. Ganks are epic.
Olaf - Has a couple counters, but he counters a couple tops so hard..... its not funny.
Pantheon - Early game, great damage, falls off lategame unless fed. He can be built different ways.
Rumble - Play safe untill lv5 and proceed to wreck top

More Notes:

Lee sin is hard to play.
With riven, be patient and get those aa's in.
Udyr, fast clears, but mana hungry without blue. Consider philo.
Renek is so stronk midgame, even with a bad score. But his lategame.... is meh.....

So Hateful

09-12-2012

Buy whoever nobody plays and become a machine.

headgmsalvin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

Buy poppy. Great for learning how to be a better player.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-12-2012

I actually did buy Poppy just to have all the cheap champs unlocked. Now I have every 450/1350 unlocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDpark View Post
Mordekaiser - Great farmer pusher, and with a ward, can wreck some serious stuff. Watch for hard counters.
What are Morde's counters? I'll be playing him a bit during free week.

XgreenleafX

09-30-2012

olaf, great jungle with his vicious strikes and he is a beast in top lane. if u can land that axe-throw 100% of the time and u lvl up reckless swing, then the enemy dont stand a chance