Cipher, the Key of Demise [FarahBoom Design]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FarahBoom

09-10-2012

Hello all! My name is FarahBoom, for all who know me welcome!
It has been a while since i added one of my own champion designs but here she is in her shining glory. Let her unlock some joy in your heart!

Cipher, the Key of Demise

Concept Art Name:  Cipher Concept.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  347.9 KB

Lore

Many tales exist of how the Void came to be and what purpose it serves. She can tell you they are all wrong. The vast almost never ending horror of the Void is merely a scar in the world, left when a creature of unimaginable power attempted to escape his prison, locked away in a sealed realm. The Void is a warning, to those who trapped him there hundreds of years ago, a scar across the realm that gave birth to endless power. No one can even imagine a creature capable of this, and the simple thought of what he could do if he was released causes doubt in even the greatest of warriors.

The abomination however has been drastically weakened from his prison, sapping his strength with every passing day with nearly no true escape in sight. He would not give up, and figured out one way he could escape. He created a child, one with enough of his strength to pass through to the realm of Runeterra, a conduit capable to pulling his essence though the realm. Cipher is his daughter, and Cipher is the key to the demise of existence. She was granted the Key to his prison, but the key had no power left. He ordered his daughter to use the key, to slay the most powerful of foes and bring the key back to life with their essence. He also granted her a way to use whatever power that remains within him, by allowing her body to unlock the connection to his essence and billow out the power of the absolute destroyer. Her mission was clear, she need only to track down the most powerful of warriors in the realm. The league has handed her victory.

Abilities

Passive- Daughter of Doom
Upon Cipherís death, the hands of her father rip forth through her Keyhole. Any targets in critical health near her when this happens (below 9% health) are then grabbed by her father and suppressed for 2 seconds, allowing team mates to finish them off.

Q- Cryptic Toss: Cipher throws her Key into another realm, traveling first in a line, and then vanishing. The move can be reactivated again to return the Key to her within 2 seconds. You can place your cursor to a new location to have the key return on a new path to her.

W- Limiter: Active: Cipher places a seal on her target, if the target applies a self buff within 2 seconds of the sealís activation, Cipher will steal the buff for the full duration. (For example, if Olaf uses Yomuuís activate, cipher can steal the effect from him, aswell as Nunuís bloodboil, Gangplankís Raise Morale, Summoner Surge, etc.)
Passive: Upon slaying a minion her next attack deals an additional 20% of her Attack Damage. Upon slaying a champion, this bonus is increased to 40%.

E- Occurrence (Re-Occurrence): Cipher jumps into the air and slams her key into the ground at a location, and going through a lock on the ground becoming untargetable for 1 second. At the end of the 1 second or once reactivated Cipher will lunge up through the seal slightly knocking up targets within the strike zone.

R- Unbound: Cipher uses her key to release her binds allowing her fatherís power to flow through her. She gains 20/30/50 percent of her AP as AD for 10 seconds. At any point during the ability she can reactivate the ability to pull her armor back onto her body; all enemies within the line of the returning armor will take damage.

Taunt: Your weakness is showing, allow me to CLOSE IT! (Whips key forward)

Taunt 2: With a turn of this key, i change everyone's fate. (Holds key outward and slowly turns it)

Joke: This key opens a rift capable of crushing your world, and yet....i still can't get into my house...

Joke 2: Knock Knock jokes don't work on me...a special ability of mine.

Saying Upon using 'Limiter'
"Your potential has reached it's limit."
"Bound to your weaknesses"

Saying Upon using 'Unbound'
(Father's Voice and Cipher's Voice)
"I WILL NOT BE SEALED!"
"PURGE!"

FarahBoom

09-10-2012

Updated Lore

FarahBoom

09-10-2012

Updated Concept Art

Adiwik

09-11-2012

oh my my, i am all about keys... <3 you have my lock

FarahBoom

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adiwik View Post
oh my my, i am all about keys... <3 you have my lock
I did my best to make sure she didn't end up sound like kingdom hearts here lol. I love the idea of a key as a weapon too, but unfortunately people insta-rage that it's kingdom hearts territory (when secretly kingdom hearts wasn't the first to make a key weapon ^.^) lol

Lyria Eternal

09-11-2012

The thing that I instantly picked up on was the word "Demise". Two reasons. One, is that I have a friend (Winds of Demise), and Two is because I have a champion called the Winds of Demise.

EDIT: I find the idea behind the delay and set-up mechanics to be rather interesting, and I might have to work with the idea.

h0vlol

09-11-2012

omg im not much for champions reveiws...but DAMM this is cool. I would love to play it

FarahBoom

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Mad Hatter View Post
omg im not much for champions reveiws...but DAMM this is cool. I would love to play it
Glad you like her, she's my pride and joy so far lol.

FarahBoom

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesofTerror View Post
The thing that I instantly picked up on was the word "Demise". Two reasons. One, is that I have a friend (Winds of Demise), and Two is because I have a champion called the Winds of Demise.

EDIT: I find the idea behind the delay and set-up mechanics to be rather interesting, and I might have to work with the idea.
Im still tweeking her greatly, but i think her mechanics are about where i want them, just the effects and usability im working on.

Adiwik

09-11-2012

Keys are as old as time, love KH2 but i dont see the reference young ones would. :P