Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Skintimidation, is it real or not?

Yes, it effects me slightly. 66 59.46%
No, it has no effect at all. 36 32.43%
Skins are a waste of money. 9 8.11%
Voters 111 .

Skintimidation?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M0rias

09-12-2012

Only skins i fear are really old skins like toboggan Corki or the hockey Jax skin. World cup skins as well just because it shows that those players have been around for a long time.

frda

Recruiter

09-12-2012

It literally has no effect on me.

SilentSounds

09-13-2012

It just tells me that person likes the skin, and probably knows how to use him. Nothing makes me more afraid than a support with a skin... nothing. (unchained ali not incld.)

MarlaMazzyHope

09-13-2012

It has the opposite effect as when someone picks a free week champ.

0vos

09-13-2012

The only skins I really fear are the Limited / Legacy ones (nightmares with Crimson Akali >_&gt

pmd

09-13-2012

Quote:
TameBeast:
In my opinion your poll is not a good poll. You have 3 options to the question, however the third option does not answer the question. I think a better third option would be "Only a few skins have an affect".

That being said I want to point out something random I noticed:
I played a match vs an enemy Sivir. I think she had the Bandit Sivir skin. It made her boomerangs a lot harder to see in my opinion. They were not bright yellow like her normal skin and instead were a small dark grey. This definitely felt like it made them harder to dodge. My friend I was laning against reported that he felt the same way.

So in certain cases I would say yes, skin's can make a difference. But for the most part, no, I think that's silly.

QFT

Its a lot harder to dodge dark valkerie dianas q then regular dianas, then again, its harder to see moonlight =p

TheComet

09-13-2012

I see a skin and it's more a sign that "okay this player I'm 75% sure is confident with this character", typically players with skins will get skins for characters they frequently play.

doesn't mean they may just have a skin from a sale with leftover RP though, that's why I have the nightblade skin for Irelia, but that's the 25% missing from above :P