Skintimidation, is it real or not?

Yes, it effects me slightly. 66 59.46%
No, it has no effect at all. 36 32.43%
Skins are a waste of money. 9 8.11%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Skintimidation?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Shiny Mew

09-10-2012

Do you believe in Skintimidation?

I understand that there's nothing better then actually knowing your champs and knowing how to play, but when you're playing a pre-made 4 or 5 and you see the enemy team has 3-5 skins.
Do you automatically give them more credit in your mind? Think of them as more of a challenge then a regular person?

Don't really know how to word it properly, but I thought it'd be an interesting thing to see how people react to them.

09-10-2012

Skintimidation is not a word i use more like the "skins win" stuff that people say after loading screen. A skin means either 1) you're a rich ******* or 2) you are serious about that champion and have found it to be one of your favorites or best. When you see Astronautilus, you feel like they know what they are doing. When you see a skin on Hecarim, you feel like they can take control. but sometimes with skins like Shaco, you just dont care all that much about it. This goes with some other champions like warwick too. But the free skins like riot trist and unchained ali dont do much to intimidation unless it serves as a filler for an all skins team

A Shiny Mew

09-10-2012

I know skintimidation isn't a word haha, I just use that to refer to it because it gets the point across, Skin Intimidation.

I agree I don't really think twice against the free skins.

SovietBlade

09-10-2012

you best believe when you see a superb villain veigar.
this little yordle will blow some stuff up and do it all with his fancy cane and top-hat.

and don't forget the monocle or he'll send you to a dimension of endless suffering.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2012

Everytime I notice that the enemy team has more skins than my team, my first comment in chat is: "more skins gg 20m ff"

The one thing that I have noticed, is that those with Veigar Skins and those with Shen skins typically are fantastic at that champion.

Jolty

09-10-2012

When I see opponents with special skins, I get the feeling that they take the game more seriously, since they put money into it. Alternatively, they could be kids with lots of (parents'?) money to spend. I always hope the latter case is true.

Skidochufada

09-10-2012

On more popular champs, such as Yi or Ashe, or newer champs (where people could have bought the skin bundle), I tend to ignore the skin.

But if I see an Orianna or Cass, or Kog with a skin, I tend to assume the worst. I am especially scared when it's a holiday legacy skin from the first few months of the game.

SandroTheLich

09-10-2012

I sometimes give them a little more credit, until I realize that, hey, I've bought several skins and I'm not all that good. In fact, I don't have skins for the champs I'm best with, just the ones that I really like. I have two skins for Eve, but I'm fairly average playing her. I don't have any skins for Lux or Ashe but they're who I've had the most success with lately. I also got skins in bundles with new champs like Lulu and Fizz. I never even play Fizz anymore because I suck with him, and I pretty rarely play Lulu.

I Love Slurpees

09-10-2012

Be more afraid of a teleport summoner spell than champ skins. Just means their mommies love them

LipstickBandit

09-10-2012

I only buy skins for champions that I can nearly guarantee you I will be positive K/D with. Does that mean it should intimidate you? No. But don't expect to faceroll over me.