Religon in Runeterra

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

moogle890

09-10-2012

I've always wondered if there was ever a dominate religon in Runeterra. Sure there's the Solari and the Lunari who worship the sun and moon, respectivly. But what about the other people? Does Demacia have towereing cathedrals to honor unheard of gods? Do Yordles have gods of merryiment and strength? What say you LoL players?

Trolosaurus

09-10-2012

I think everyone is a bunch of Atheist's.
Well, the Hydrosoul's lore mentioned the worship and existence of something known as the Ancients, who gifted Well powers and were worshipped by him and his cult, but Well never got released.

Not yet at least

moogle890

09-10-2012

Okay...anyone else want to contribute?

Lord Mordor

09-10-2012

other than Solari, Lunari, and the void cult i dont think anything has been mentioned

Noxians are all about personal strength, so i cant really picturing them asking some deity to bless them with power or anything of that nature.

Piltover and Zaun are also so technologically focused that i cant see them expressing interest in a deity who could not be explained by science

Demacia on the other hand definitely seems like the place where there might be some kind of organized religion. Obviously to some god promoting honor, loyalty, and good things of that nature

Adiwik

09-11-2012

Indeed Lord Mordor,

dont forget Diana,

i wonder what about the League itself

Cerubois

09-11-2012

I imagine some Noxians might be religious, but if they were, it would be monotheist. That way there could be one non-benevolent God of war, which they would strive to match in strength and power. Yet another reason for warriors to strive for greatness. It could also be another way to control people, for those that would use it.

Ionians (and I'm just drawing from their Asian influences here) would likely believe in several, if not many Gods/Goddesses. Overall, though, their focus is on 'balance'. Their religion would need to reflect that.

Adiwik

09-11-2012

God of war for noxians.... yes!!!!! <3

webbut

09-11-2012

I can't see Noxians believing in a god. They're general outlook is the strong will rule and the weak will be ruled i can't imagine a Noxian believing in a God and if they did believe in a god they would probably believe he/she/it has already been killed by a stronger Noxian.

Renekton Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2012

Renekton Worship.

Cerubois

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbut View Post
I can't see Noxians believing in a god. They're general outlook is the strong will rule and the weak will be ruled i can't imagine a Noxian believing in a God and if they did believe in a god they would probably believe he/she/it has already been killed by a stronger Noxian.
I don't see why it's unimaginable.

Imagine you're in a world that's lost its history, is on the verge of self-destructive apocalypse, and has strange magical entities and events everywhere you go. Would you not question where the heck all this came from? How is this happening? Why are we here? What purpose does all this serve? What happens in the end?

Those are the questions that spawn religion. I'm sure they're pretty widespread in such a chaotic world.