Viktor Fix Idea: Synergy Core 2.0

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jakeoti

09-10-2012

So, a while back I posted a concept for a Viktor fix called the Synergy Core. For a tl;dr of it, it basically upgrades your first core into another one, adding on more stats and giving one move a different power, as well as upgrading your first move again. It's a little too complex, but I think I actually have a new concept that works better.

The Basic Concept: After you upgrade your Hexcore the first time, you can keep developing it along that path with one of two more options per core (a total of 6 end cores). Each one upgrades your stats and one other move, making his playstyle different.

Augment: Power: Can now be upgraded into Augment: Power-Gravity or Power-Death. Each one lends itself more to a tanky build.
Power-Gravity: Grants Viktor more movement speed (and maybe tenacity?). Also, when he deploys Gravity Field, allies under the field gain bonus armor and magic resist.
Power-Death: Grants Viktor even more bonus health and health regen than he got with the first Augment: Power. Also, Death Ray now has an amount of spell-vamp.

Augment: Gravity: Can now be upgraded into Augment: Gravity-Power or Gravity-Death. Each of these makes him more of a utility mage.
Gravity-Power: Grants Viktor an additional 5 gold/10 sec. Also, Power Transfer applies one stack of Gravity Field to its target, slowing them and making them easier to stun under Gravity Field.
Gravity-Death: Grants Viktor more mana and mana regen. Also, Death Ray leaves behind a line on the ground that slows opponents who pass over it.

Augment: Death: Can now be upgraded into Augment: Death-Power or Death-Gravity. Based more around bursting down and killing.
Death-Power: Grants Viktor some % magic penetration. Also, Power Transfer now reduces healing and magic resist on its target.
Death-Gravity: Grants Viktor more AP. Also, Gravity Field deals damage to opponents under it.

If these items were well priced, maybe just 800 to upgrade, it could really help him I feel. A few of his biggest problems are having an item that really goes nowhere, as well as that the flavor of feeling different depending on the augments doesn't really exist. Riot's said they want to fix him: this is how I would do it.

(Note: I also think the base augments could still use tweaking, but this feels like it could really help)

ALLIIAN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2012

i
love
this
SO MUCH

Síngéd

09-10-2012

bump sir, you have my +1. I think this idea is great, but the main issue I see is that Viktor would have after this is he wouldn't be able to finish any core items until way after the enemy ap if he did choose to invest in his hex core.

Dios Ninja

09-10-2012

good concept, i like the multiple upgrade thing. im not very sure about the specific effects, but in general is a good idea

jakeoti

09-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Síngéd View Post
bump sir, you have my +1. I think this idea is great, but the main issue I see is that Viktor would have after this is he wouldn't be able to finish any core items until way after the enemy ap if he did choose to invest in his hex core.
Yeah, it is a problem with the current core and this doesn't necessarily solve it. His core does need to essentially replace one of the core items, and it needs the stats/price to match that. Hence why I believe the stats need adjusting on all the cores, but not the move effects necessarily.

Ask the Herald

09-11-2012

I can truly see this as a blessing to Viktor's kit, overall. Nice idea. It's excellent.

jakeoti

09-13-2012

Shameless self-bump.

Krysis21

09-13-2012

Bump for great justice

swan2swan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Promote the Glorious Evolution!

CynicalGiant

10-11-2012

I feel like this doesn't cater to his 3 playstyle mechanic. It just makes his burst mage playstyle have slightly more poke or be slightly tankier.