When you choose a tank, please tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meat Shield

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogtheterrible View Post
I just had a horrible game where the two tanks, malphite and rammus, decided they didn't want to tank but they wanted to be carries with tank builds. This is how a normal team fight would go.

Tanks start fight.
I (kog) take away a ton of the health from various enemies.
Their carries would show up behind me and begin attacking.
The rest of their team would leave.
My tanks would follow, sometimes crossing the whole map and land a kill or two.
I die because tanks didn't ever try to help.
The carry that killed me proceeded to take a tower or two as my tanks were still chasing the rest of their team.

So please, when you choose a tank, tank. Protect your carries or you'll lose, even if you get a ton of kills.
i know Malphite is played as a tank but i would like to point out he is classified as a Phys DPS champion, and even listed as a Carry himself just because they nerfed him as an attack damage champion does that mean he is now only playable as a tank and anyone who builds him any other way should be flamed?

Yogtheterrible

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Shield View Post
i know Malphite is played as a tank but i would like to point out he is classified as a Phys DPS champion, and even listed as a Carry himself just because they nerfed him as an attack damage champion does that mean he is now only playable as a tank and anyone who builds him any other way should be flamed?
Did you not read my post? I specifically said they were both built as tanks, they didn't have any dps items. It took them the entire map, often times right into their base to finish off that last 200 hp and half the time they died shortly thereafter.

SSTrippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2010

Uhm.. Reason Mundo is classified as a tank its because he is a tank.

Health/Abilities = Mord/Mundo

Although Mord has no "Real tanking" except for his shield.. Although Abyss Scepter helps him.

And you're really gonna have to do something about a mundo if like last game.. I had 3.7k Hp/5 kills/18 assists.

Less then two second cast per cleaver doing 300+ damage per hit. Without his damage buff mind you.

Oh and to add insult to injury, if you're getting chased by a Mundo.. And you want to focus him.. Make sure that you can actually kill him. With less then a 40 second ult. He's one guy you don't want to survive.

So far this week.. i've been doing my job as support/tank. What have carries been doing? D:

WTB- A carry that isn't Xin/Warwick or Garen in every.. single.. match.

Eddy01741

09-20-2010

Well, currently heal denying abilities like ignite are the bane of Mundo. Slap 2 ignites on Mundo then focus him, he's done.

In For It Now

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTrippy View Post
Uhm.. Reason Mundo is classified as a tank its because he is a tank.

Health/Abilities = Mord/Mundo

Although Mord has no "Real tanking" except for his shield.. Although Abyss Scepter helps him.

And you're really gonna have to do something about a mundo if like last game.. I had 3.7k Hp/5 kills/18 assists.

Less then two second cast per cleaver doing 300+ damage per hit. Without his damage buff mind you.

Oh and to add insult to injury, if you're getting chased by a Mundo.. And you want to focus him.. Make sure that you can actually kill him. With less then a 40 second ult. He's one guy you don't want to survive.

So far this week.. i've been doing my job as support/tank. What have carries been doing? D:

WTB- A carry that isn't Xin/Warwick or Garen in every.. single.. match.
Buying tank items doesn't make you a tank. Just because you're "tough" doesn't mean you're a tank. Mundo has no ability to initiate; he can't willfully make a fight happen when and where he wants it to. None of his abilities make him a tank (I know his ult heals him, but soraka can heal, too).

You can play Mundo as a mediocre tank or as a solid dps carry.

Amn

09-20-2010

I know what your getting at but let me put this out there as a player who rolls tanks a lot of the time, don't expect the tanks to cover you for every stupid mistake of you over-extending. Without fail whenever I play Amumu or Shen (ult on CD) the carry or someone cries because I didn't save them when they tried to 1v5 the team and wouldn't let me intiate. Obviously the tank should draw fire but use common sense when laying blame.

DrunkPikachu

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiryu View Post
I had a nice game recently. My team was MF, Ashe, Rammus, Shen, and some other guy. I don't remember who because teams fights when like this:
Rammus:Taunt
Shen: Taunt
MF: Ult
Ashe: Volley
Otherguy: /dance
Other team: /cry

One of the few times I had tanks actually tank. It was nice.

*OK, so the other guy probably did something, but when you have two high damage champions with AOE slow abilities and two tanks which can keep those champions alive, it could be Eve and you likely wouldn't notice and difference in the outcome of fights.
Well, in that situation, a cleaner like Yi or Xin could really shine.

That's a pretty nice comp, I'll try it

Stormsoul

09-20-2010

but if i turn with my mouse how will i click rend