When you choose a tank, please tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yogtheterrible

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOL Chuckie View Post
You people say that but all you noobs do is run in and expect the tank to catch up.. QQ more, it's your fault for dying, not the tank's.
That may be the case for some people but I don't. I am a very careful kog as I know I'm squishy but when I'm staying way behind the tanks, only hitting at people I can reach with safety and the carries come through somehow to attack me and the tanks not only do nothing to help but run off to finish off the people I've been killing it gets really annoying.

I'm not some carry that goes in hapharzardly and expects the tank to save me from my own stupidity because I don't only play kog, I play tanks as well so I know how to work the team battle and I try my hardest to save my carries and I don't ever go for the kill unless I need to because I'm happy with assists. Some tanks just don't care about their carries and expect them to stay alive on their own while they pick off the enemies their carries worked hard to kill but couldn't manage because they were attacked by the other team's carries.

Rebonack

09-20-2010

What irks me is when a tank doesn't seem to grasp basic concepts like proper positioning.

Ideally you want your tank to be at the front of your team if you're pressing the attack and at the rear if you're retreating. The opposite is true of the off tank. They should be at the other end of your team guarding the smushies but ready to jump in as soon as the tank initiates.

The tank should not be chasing low HP foes across the map. They should be sticking close to their more vulnerable pals. If you managed to get their DPS to flee at 50 health then good, you just divided their team. Focus down the people that aren't running where you have a numerical advantage.

Yogtheterrible

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
What irks me is when a tank doesn't seem to grasp basic concepts like proper positioning.

Ideally you want your tank to be at the front of your team if you're pressing the attack and at the rear if you're retreating. The opposite is true of the off tank. They should be at the other end of your team guarding the smushies but ready to jump in as soon as the tank initiates.

The tank should not be chasing low HP foes across the map. They should be sticking close to their more vulnerable pals. If you managed to get their DPS to flee at 50 health then good, you just divided their team. Focus down the people that aren't running where you have a numerical advantage.
Exactly my point rebonack, thank you.

I can't believe the ineptitude of some people.

Damoklese

09-20-2010

Depends on the situation.

Though in most every situation in this genre of games, if you die it is your fault not someone elses.

exoup

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeOdd8 View Post
^^ Riot says he is a carry >.>
They also say Dr. Mundo and Morde are tanks.
Recent buffs killed DPS Malph.

Indexus

09-20-2010

Tanks. Heh.
Apart from situations when your whole team expects you to tank, heck, they force you to, because they pick all squishies, carries or support.
But when you get the tank, it's really risky. Why ?
Well, there are tanks and fakes. The real ones will sneaky-carry your team to win, but the fakes are a lot more frequent.
Horrible timing and itemization, completly wrong decisions and get absorbed in teamfights so much, they don't do anything.

Tank in MOBA, is not your typical MMO one, when you just stand and wait for hits. You have to be hyper-active guys annoying the **** out of enemy.

Eddy01741

09-20-2010

When you choose a carry, please follow my lead when I initiate.

When you choose a support, please support me and my teammates while we are in the fray.

When you choose a mage, please nuke and CC their squishy DPS's while we are teamfighting.

Why are you singling out tanks?

TeenageDracula

09-20-2010

As someone who mains tanks (Cho, Singed, and Shen the most) the tank should try to protect his carries at all costs, even if it means death.

Sideswing

09-20-2010

because people like chasing enemies with 100hp across the map while being hit by the champs chasing them.

aside from that.... i hate tanking... i tank now if i -have- to. because everytime i go to tank i end up with a 4/9 ryze and a 1/4 shaco initiating instead of waiting for tank.

Kiryu

09-20-2010

I had a nice game recently. My team was MF, Ashe, Rammus, Shen, and some other guy. I don't remember who because teams fights when like this:
Rammus:Taunt
Shen: Taunt
MF: Ult
Ashe: Volley
Otherguy: /dance
Other team: /cry

One of the few times I had tanks actually tank. It was nice.

*OK, so the other guy probably did something, but when you have two high damage champions with AOE slow abilities and two tanks which can keep those champions alive, it could be Eve and you likely wouldn't notice and difference in the outcome of fights.