For punishes, please let us mark *which* games triggered the opinion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsupport7346 View Post
So you prefer incidents like this happening
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2458961
Could you explain the relevance of that case to the OP's suggestion? I don't see it.

Ladayen

09-11-2012

Kinda agree. I had a game where 6 people reported the guy for "kill stealing" He was like 4/3/27 or something like that. His assists were ridiculous. Next game has 3 people report for assisting enemy team. As far as I could tell there was nothing wrong. Scores were all decent, they won the game. The 3rd match he apparently gave up first blood and was raged at hardcore the entire game by a teammate. Near the end of a 50 min game he finally lost it and let loose a tirade back. Unfortunately he threw in a couple of racial slurs and I have zero tolerance for racism. After what that guy had gone through that game I could understand losing it but I had to hit punish because of racism. Doing so meant I validated the 9 people who falsely reported. I think it would be better to be able to hit pardon/punish on each game.

Exploding Barrel

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladayen View Post
Doing so meant I validated the 9 people who falsely reported. I think it would be better to be able to hit pardon/punish on each game.
Except tribunal verdicts are NOT the basis for considering reports false, which Lyte has said on several occasions. So you don't need to worry about "validating" false reports with your vote.

Ladayen

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
Except tribunal verdicts are NOT the basis for considering reports false, which Lyte has said on several occasions. So you don't need to worry about "validating" false reports with your vote.

I'm confused now. How would they determine a false report if not by tribunal. Unless they rely on the random checks or when someone is up for permaban and Riot manually reviews.

Exploding Barrel

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladayen View Post
I'm confused now. How would they determine a false report if not by tribunal. Unless they rely on the random checks or when someone is up for permaban and Riot manually reviews.
They haven't been too specific, but my understanding is that the usual way a report is flagged as "false" is if it's against someone who is hardly reported by anyone else. People who never get enough reports for Tribunal cases in the first place.

That does unfortunately mean that those bad reports you mentioned were probably not flagged as false by the system, because they did hit a toxic player. But that determination was made before you voted.

Emailsupport7346

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
Last out of 6 chances? Yeah, sounds good.

If it takes someone 6 chances to "reform", they deserve no leeway imo.

Sure... so let's just fix the Tribunal that it autopunishs everyone who has had 3 chances, guilty or not.

I'm not going to deny that 5 chances are much, but that's up to Lyte to decide, not us. Yet, the chance was given to him and then stolen due to a false decision.

For all who didn't crossread: It's about this case
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5640402/#nogo

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsupport7346 View Post
Sure... so let's just fix the Tribunal that it autopunishs everyone who has had 3 chances, guilty or not.

I'm not going to deny that 5 chances are much, but that's up to Lyte to decide, not us. Yet, the chance was given to him and then stolen due to a false decision.

For all who didn't crossread: It's about this case
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5640402/#nogo

Look I understand you would have hit pardon on that case, but the fact of the matter is he put down his team and broke the rules. His case was punishable. It is def. a case that I wouldn't have been outraged if he was pardoned, but he did break rules.

His case was voted on to be punished. He was on his last chance. Riot looked at his case load and felt he hadn't reformed enough after 5-6 chances.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

LittleDi

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
Why is this so hard for you to understand?
It's basically because the # doesn't understand that it isn't the severity of the offense but the amount of times you commit it.

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/laws.html

Speeding for example has it's negatives. Keep doing it they eventually take away your license. Go fast enough and you're risking every person's life on the road. Think about it in another format though.

60 miles per hour is exactly 88 feet per second. For those who are used to the NFL, that's close to 30 yards in the blink of an eye. Too many have died due to this. That's a known fact. How many times do you want to be almost run over because someone was speeding?

Want to know how close that 120 mph car really is? 60 yards away is too close.

The only difference here is that at least your life isn't in direct danger. Because of that is probably the only reason he's miffed at people being banned for poor behavior.