how to counter draven

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

himynameisdanny

Senior Recruiter

09-10-2012

ok say we have 2 non ranged guys on bot (shaco and galio) and enemy is draven and another ranged. how the hell are you supposed to counter them? i mean early game draven can throw and catch his stupid axe over and over again that is a huge harasse, later when were scared and turret hugging, all he had to do was either hit us from afar and run or hit the turret , when we try to stop him from hitting turret he hits us and we die, and barely any damage is done to him (him being draven). howt he heck can you counter a draven when your not ranged
thanks

TeknoWizard

09-10-2012

You don't go melee against Draven. I know, it sounds really stupid, but that's your best bet. Apart from that, get melee champions with high damage output, good mobility, and gap closers. Jax and Lee Sin come to mind.

Hughes De Payens

09-10-2012

I don't get why you'd not have a ranged AD Bot to begin with.

Resent

09-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes De Payens View Post
I don't get why you'd not have a ranged AD Bot to begin with.
This.

Draven counter-picks:

Varus
Kog'maw - Ult where his axe lands ftw.
Caitlyn
Corki
Urgot

Decent supports to play against Draven:

Blitzcrank
Leona
Taric

Russian Sm0ka

09-10-2012

My buddy and I are very odd on our bottom lane and always run blitz+evelynn. We've shutdown afew dravens in our time, with the champs you tried running you're likely to be shutout from the start against any good ad carry.

doombotMECHA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2012

if you're running into ad carry problems but don't want to join 'em, use some comp involving an assassin like talon, diana, or eve.

himynameisdanny

Senior Recruiter

09-11-2012

is twitch a good counter to draven? cuz thats pretty much the only ad carry i have

Hughes De Payens

09-11-2012

Twitch kinda sucks. Buy Ashe... she only costs 450 IP so I'm sure you can afford her or will be able to extremely soon. She may not be the best AD Carry, but she's good enough, and better than twitch.

OwlMechanic

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by himynameisdanny View Post
is twitch a good counter to draven? cuz thats pretty much the only ad carry i have
Twitch is fine, unfortunately draven actually counters twitch rather than the other way around. His poke hits too hard and the bleed makes it nearly impossible to stealth in his lane, his knock to the side also keeps you from being able to expunge often when it's most vital.

IME Twitch wins lanes by being able to prod the enemy with aa's allowing the poison to wrack up extra harassment damage, similar to teemo, going all in on others initiate. Draven is the only adc with a stronger aa poke in that regard and he'll burst you down if you get into trading range since he wont get caught up on minions like most others skill shot based harass does.

Sidsgothem

05-08-2013

the only counter to darven is knowing where his axes are landing and taking advantage of that.. that's a HUGE advantage one reason you dont c him swarming high elo games because good supports will just screw him during catches, he's made to destroy people quick as long as he can keep those duel axes spinning if not his dmg becomes mediocre.

So in other words... keep him from catching those axes and you win, or combo him during axe catching and you will win