[Tribunal suggestion] new reward (different from IP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ediwir

Wrenchman

09-10-2012

'morning guys. posting here for more visibility, the European (west) users came up with a few ideas for the "new" rewards, since Lyte said they accept suggestions to replace the IP reward... just going to let this here if someone wants to check.

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=807565

i'll also copy the most significative posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re Boniak View Post
...a forum/in game title, like for the "refer a friend" users.

Something like....

50 correct reports = Apprentice Lawyer
150 = Lawyer
400 = Magistrate
800 = Judge
2000 = Court Master
5000+ = Positive Force (like the words from the Summoners Code)

Of course this "titles" are just to give an idea.
This could help also in the post of the tribunal, cause u can immediately see the REAL experience of the writer.

The same could be done with an ACCURACY SYSTEM: after 100 correct votes, i get on my forum profile a title that matches my accuracy ratio (to distinguish between "punish button spammers" and wise judges).

<50% = Tribunal Newbie
50% = Hotdog eater
60% = Papers holder
70% = Apprentice Lawyer
80% = Magistrate
85% = Judge
90% = Court master
95+% = Positive Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettanin View Post
Why not honor system like? (Classic WoW)

To get justice points, you need to do at least 100 tribunal cases a month.

At the end of the month, all players who participated in at least 100 cases in a month get evaluated regarding their accuracy.

The one with the highest accuracy gets 11000 Justice Points, the others in square relation to the highest one (i.e. the highest one got 98% accuracy, you got 90%: 90%^2 = 81%, 81% of 98% = 83%. 83% of 11000 = 9130 Justice Points). [The better you do in relation to the other members, the higher your gain], square relation becase it would otherwise award the 50% averageness too much. 50%^2 = 25%, 25% of 98% = 24.5%; 24.5% of 11000 = 2695 Justice Points.

If upkeep is higher than what you earned that month, you may lose total Justice Points. If you have fewer total Justice Points than your current rank has as threshold, you'll be demoted.

Such a system is able to detect average accuracy and discern the top from the average easily. It is not possible to reach a high rank just by botting, because it a) takes Accuracy as measurement and b) does evaluate quality instead of quantity.

Another idea could be that you'll also lose Justice Points if you get warned/banned by the Tribunal or LeaverBuster.

Ranks:
1. Tribunal helper, No upkeep, gained after 100 cases, lowest rank.
2. Tribunal member, 1000 Justice Points/month upkeep, reached after 1000 total Justice Points
3. Tribunal member 1st class, 2000 Justice Points/month upkeep, reached after 3000 total Justice Points
4. Senior Tribunal member, 3000 Justice Points/month upkeep, reached after 6000 total Justice Points
5. Justice Guardian, 4000 Justice Points/month upkeep, reached after 10000 total Justice Points
6. Justice Enforcer, 5000 Justice Points/month upkeep, reached after 15000 total Justice Points
7. Senior Justice Enforcer, 6000 Justice Points/month upkeep, reached after 21000 total Justice Points
8. Fighter for Justice, 7000 Justice Points/month upkeep, reached after 28000 total Justice Points
9. Positive Force, 8000 Justice Points/month upkeep, reached after 36000 total Justice Points
10. Positive Force 1st class, 9000 Justice Points/month upkeep, reached after 45000 total Justice Points
11. Greater Positive Force, 10000 Justice Points/month upkeep, reached after 55000 total Justice Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediwir View Post
since everyone is giving his opinion, i'll go with mine :P (care, i tend to be overly complicated sometimes)
  • first: change the mail protocol from
    • Greetings [Name]!

We are pleased to inform you that the rest of the Tribunal has affirmed your judgment on [correct cases] cases today! As compensation for your service to the League, your account has been credited [correct casesx5] Influence Points.

The League of Legends thanks you for your service on the Tribunal, Summoner! Remember that you will be eligible to judge [number] tomorrow! May justice be swift!

to
    • Greetings [Name]!

We are pleased to inform you that the rest of the Tribunal has affirmed your judgment on [correct cases] cases this month, with an accuracy of [percentage]! We remind you you can keep track of your Tribunal statistic by visiting your profile page at [Link].

The League of Legends thanks you for your service on the Tribunal, Summoner! Remember that you will be eligible to judge [number] tomorrow! May justice be swift!

• second: include a page in the Profile to show the tribunal statistics: number of cases judged correctly, number of cases judged total, accuracy ratio (a graphic showing accuracy changes would be too good to ask for i guess), and rewards (see below).

• third: hand out dynamic rewards. meaning, we can earn those, but also lose them. keeping the rewards will be a way to make tribunal a constant challenge instead of a dead-end objective.
    rewards should be related to the number of cases judged correctly and the accuracy ratio. you need to judge at least 20 cases a month to keep the reward (more than a full day, less than one per day). the system updates once a month (together with the informative mails).

with 70% you get average accuracy, with 80% good, with 85% high, with 90%+ very high.
    i think we can agree that anything below 70% is not really accurate enough.

Average rewards:
    • 300 cases: Court Member badge on the forums (upgrades from "summoner code" icon)

Good rewards:
    • 300 cases: Court Member badge
    • 500 cases: Judge badge

High rewards:
    • 150 cases: Court Member badge
    • 300 cases: Judge badge
    • 500 cases: Judge summoner avatar

Very High rewards:
    • 150 cases: Judge badge
    • 300 cases: Positive Force badge, Judge summoner avatar
    • 500 cases: Positive Force summoner avatar
    • 1000 cases:Tribunal in-game theme for summoner profile

i had tought something more last week but then i forgot. w/e. i'll be back.
if someone wants to join the discussion, you're welcome to do so.

may justice be swift!
Ediwir

OhBoyItsaMegaman

09-10-2012

I don't like the idea of telling players their accuracy and using it as a basis for rewards. I would rather see players going into Tribunal cases thinking "Do I think this person deserves to be pardoned or punished?" and not "Will everyone else pardon or punish?" A system that pits people against each other to compete for maximum accuracy would STRONGLY encourage skipping controversial cases. I don't think that's good. If you vote Pardon on a case that ends up being Punish but only by a slim margin, have you really done anything wrong? Was your input harmful or less valuable? I don't think so. By clicking Pardon when the majority clicked Punish, you're still contributing valuable data. You're letting it be known that this was not an overwhelmingly obvious case of wrongdoing.

In short, people who are 80-90% in agreement with the rest of the community are not any less useful than the people who are 99% in agreement with the rest of the community, and they certainly do not deserve less of a reward. Tribunal judges should be encouraged to be honest, not sheep.

Also, I would rather have IP than a title.

Ediwir

Wrenchman

09-10-2012

won't argue over the first part, sure, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Had0ken View Post
Also, I would rather have IP than a title.
i saw you guys over here have an upvoted 25ip/case thread... might this be the only case where EU got more red posts than NA?
ip rewards are going to be removed altogether. that's why they're looking for alternatives.

Ediwir

Wrenchman

09-12-2012

a bump for attention whoring. hi Reds.

LawGiver500

09-12-2012

They are removing IP in exchange for a means to review the cases a person has voted on, the final outcome, and over all accuracy of the person as a judge.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2567699

Ediwir

Wrenchman

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawGiver500 View Post
They are removing IP in exchange for a means to review the cases a person has voted on, the final outcome, and over all accuracy of the person as a judge.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2567699
whops. didn't check the NA announcements. ty dude

Cartography

09-12-2012

I think the basic concept and idea are definitely worth looking at. Having a "tribunal judge" profile decouples the judge with play ability and gives dedicated leaders greater influence on how cases should be judged and what standards should be used.

However, I don't think the implementation of two systems (IP reward and Justice Points) are mutually exclusive as IP reward provides a small incentive for occasional jurors. I do worry about accuracy ratio as a metric because if Punish Button Spammers are really a prevalent issue, Pardons count against a judge who goes through all cases.

I think if the tribunal had a written judgement in the Adjudication, you can see a judge's reason for the case. Rating in agreement with the written judgement sets standards and references for cases and adds additional road block to Punish Button Spamming. Furthermore, adding a written judgement allows Riot to send a explanation to the summoner as to why he/she is receiving punishment and what Rules in the Code of Conduct did he/she violate. Hopefully this would reduce the amount of flaming from summoners' who claim they were unjustly punished.

Finally, often judges may find a defendant guilty of another violation that may not match with what the defendant is being accused of. For example, a summoner may have been reported for "Intentionally feeding" and "Verbal Abuse" when in fact the summoner was really "Spamming". In this case, to punish the summoner for feeding or VA may seem unfair but the judge can cite Spamming as the offense and reason for judgement.

Instead of using an accuracy ratio, maybe rulings themselves can go for judgement and up or down voted. Higher rated rulings provide a more clear cut example of what or what not the community finds tolerable/intolerable.

On another unrelated note, I have a suggestion that Riot implement a way to redirect unusual cases to those more qualified to judge (more specifically verbal harassment or abuse in foreign languages to native speakers). Having a basic skip option may leave cases in another language in hands of Punish Button Spammers. If we could have a way to flag a case as "Spanish" or "Mandarin" or another language, those cases could be redirected to judges that have indicated they are fluent in these languages.

Just my thoughts.