League of Legends Amateur Series (LoLAS)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheTortured

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2012

Calling all League of Legends players interested in amateur competitive play!

The League of Legends Amateur Series is calling all teams or individuals to register and compete in the upcoming first season! As is the nature of an amateur series, the prize pool consists of qualification for the top two teams into a possible prized event starting with the second season of the LoLAS. The competition is open to all summoner and skill levels, with teams consisting of a minimum of 5 players and a maximum of 10. Schedules will be drawn up after the registration period ends on about October 5th.

Individuals looking for teams to play with may register as free agents and have their name and details appear in a list which teams may browse in order to fill spots or replace team members. Matchups will consist of a best 2-out-of-3 games officiated by a LoLAS sanctioned referee. All teams will play the same number of matches, after which the top twelve teams will compete in a seeded playoff tournament, ending with the crowning of a season one champion, who, again, will qualify for a possible future prized event along with the second place team.

In order to register for the series, follow the instructions at our website: www.leaguelineup.com/lolas

Just remember, this series can't happen if there aren't enough teams, so enter a team, spread the word and get ready for the start of the LoLAS season one!

NOTE: The league will be needing a small group of quality League of Legends players to officiate season and post-season matches. An application will be provided at a later date under the "Registration/Forms" link on our website, where you will be able to apply to be a LoLAS sanctioned referee. Thank you for your interest!

Sarkhon

09-11-2012

Cool series. Gonna look at starting a team or entering as a Free Agent. Thanks for the info.

Psyren136

09-14-2012

bump

Flostradamus

09-19-2012

Cool i signed up. I'm a single drafter.

TheTortured

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

@ATHF Shadow: Glad to have you!

JakeOfSpades

09-22-2012

Signed up as free agent sweet!

Zakuti

10-05-2012

Signed up as free agent. Need to really work on my skills in the mean time. I'm about as amateur as they come :x

FeedingTrollNoob

10-05-2012

Is there a limit on how many teams can compete? And do you need to be at a certain Elo to join up? (Sorry I'm too lazy to click on the link) I'm looking to start a team up for this, I've always wanted to play league like this, but where I'm at on my main account, nobody wants to work together and practice on a premade team. Apparently going to solo Q and blaming everything that goes wrong on everyone else is what the cool kids do.....

"Irelia wtf noob!!! Why did you make me overextend with 5 mia and no vision and get ganked! OMG!"

TheTortured

10-05-2012

@FeedingTrollNoob: As we are now less than a week away from the first games of the season, it looks like the team cap is going to be 50 due to scheduling constraints. There is no level or ELO requirement to play.

TheTortured

10-05-2012

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: REGISTRATION WILL STAY OPEN FOR MERE HOURS MORE

Due to scheduling difficulties arising from the number of teams, both Team and Free Agent registration will remain open for about another 12 hours from the time of this post (~1 AM EST). This is your LAST CHANCE to register for the League of Legends Amateur Series until season two next year, so grab this opportunity while you still can!