Do spanish speakers get punishment?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OckyFlam

09-10-2012

Can't speak spanish, but google translate is pretty good these days.

PWnZorK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2012

Well I'm from Argentina, so I understand spanish perfectly, don't worry gringos.. loljk. (about gringos)

Túnica negra

09-11-2012

As some of the people who already posted, I'm a Spanish speaker and I make no distinction whatsoever when the need to report someone arises. So, answering: Yeah, Spanish speakers get reported and punished for the same reasons than anyone else.

Gonzodamus

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaytoWinForEver View Post

Ok so you know they are talking about you... Explain it in the comment section!!

I once played with a couple of Spanish speakers (Spanish is my first language), and they wouldn't stop berating and complaining about their teammates in Spanish. I politely asked them to stop, since they didn't stop, I reported them at the very end of them game and gave some a very clear cut explanation with a few translations so people in the tribunal could evaluate the case.

This is exactly what needs to happen. I'm not going to try and judge a case based on an auto translated chatlog - that wouldn't be fair. If you give some context to what's being said, I can judge for myself much more easily.

Ladayen

09-11-2012

Yeah I dont encourage using a translator. They can be horribly inaccurate sometimes. If you dont understand the language just skip it.

PlaytoWinForEver

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWnZorK View Post
Well I'm from Argentina, so I understand spanish perfectly, don't worry gringos.. loljk. (about gringos)
I don't think "gringos" know that's a slightly pejorative term for them. At least from our point of view. It is funny because we know it but they don't (for the most part). BTW, it is not a big insult either... it is just like calling someone an "alien" or something like that. It has a slight perojative connotation but nothing really worth getting upset about.

ArmoredDragonIMO

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWnZorK View Post
I thought gringo (which doesn't bother me at all btw, in fact I don't even know of anybody who takes offense to it) was just a mexican word, and that the rest of south america (and non-american hispanic countries) refer to us in the slang term as yankees?

TenienDaithen

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaytoWinForEver View Post
I don't think "gringos" know that's a slightly pejorative term for them. At least from our point of view. It is funny because we know it but they don't (for the most part). BTW, it is not a big insult either... it is just like calling someone an "alien" or something like that. It has a slight perojative connotation but nothing really worth getting upset about.
Spanish is pretty common in the united states. I don't know if I've met anyone that doesn't realize gringo is pejorative.

Although, region, exposure and observation do play a part in that understanding. Someone might visit Hawaii and not realize what the word haole is. Or maybe the word gaijin from Japan.

But obviously, I don't know and speak to everyone so there may be those that don't realize.