Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why don't people play Nunu?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracorya

09-20-2010

Quote:
Sakagami0:
Then why does he cost 495ip?

...he costs 450 ip.

SwordOrShield

09-20-2010

Quote:
Sakagami0:
Then why does he cost 495ip?

People expected a much lower level of skill from Nunu when he was first made.

Bashorr

09-20-2010

because most people are noobs, and noobs dont play chars that requiere skill.
i myself play garen a lot, he requires less skill whit more kills.

niskax

Recruiter

09-20-2010

He is the only champion in the game with no spell combo (Iceblast, autoattack!).
His ultimate is countered by all but 10 champions or so, as well as by cleanse, flash, and ghost.

Let his Q damage enemies and implement snowblindness, or make his ult pulse damage.

Jaeylen

09-20-2010

I always love a nunu in group if I go with 2 or 3 of my friends because we can support him.

My preferred team of 4 is:

Morgana - Her blackshield blocks all interupts from nunu and her ult does big damage and slows them even more within nunu's ult.

Amumu - great tank with his ult just sticks everyone to nunu and morgana for huge damage and his MR reduction is a huge addition (especially if he has sunfires and an abysmal scepter)

Galio - Tanky and adds huge AoE damage and further support to keep everyone within Nunu's ult. Allows the opportunity to stack Soul Shroud with NuNu for a total of 30% cooldown and 520hp, also giving amumu and morg 15% in the process.

When I run these 4 I never lose. My only issue is my friends availability lol. If I do run him with a duo I'd definitely pick Morgana over all others. Black Shielding Nunu is just insane, especially if hes got a Banshee Veil in case theirs burst magic damage from the other team.

The great thing about these 4 is that the AoE damage is huge AND none of them go down easy. Morg is the weakest link and if the other team does FF her it wont matter if she stays within the other's ults. Even if she drops, the entire other team goes with her heh.

This isn't a turret owning group but once you wipe out 3-4 people, it really doesn't matter since you can just roll up to a turret, drink a margarita and watch it go down. . These 4 are also great for early laning which I love.

addEventListener

09-20-2010

i play nunu a lot .. jungle nunu and gank regularly. very easy to dominate.
i can land his ulti 90% of the time against heavy stun teams.
but it's true, kinda weak if you don't have a good carry.

Riverblink

Recruiter

09-20-2010

Quote:
Shurelia:
The reason people don't play Nunu as much, is it takes a high amount of skill to do anything with him effectively in comparison to other characters. He's also a little bit weak.

lol you trollin

Sathony

09-20-2010

Quote:
Shurelia:
The reason people don't play Nunu as much, is it takes a high amount of skill to do anything with him effectively in comparison to other characters. He's also a little bit weak.

he takes some skill but he is NO WHERE NEAR WEAK
nunu in the current form is an op champ
and there is a big difference between being noob friendly and weak

and saying this while u are one of those heading the balance of champs simply puts alot of exclamation marks

Riverblink

Recruiter

09-20-2010

yes nunu requires hardcore e skills im sorry please upvote me +1000 now for saying nunu takes skill lolololololol

xbombr

09-20-2010

Quote:
Shurelia:

Not so much skill...more like luck if you're referring to his ult.

Luck that you can use it in a bush and it be effective, luck that everyone was bad and used up their CC before nunu ulted, ect.

I suppose waiting for these opportunities is skill...but there is a certain amount of luck (or reliance on bad opponents) that goes into playing Nunu that few other characters have.