Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why don't people play Nunu?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eSPee

09-20-2010

I mean, he's so AWESOME!
He can jungle with ignite and ghost.
His ult is great with Omen, and provides nice support AOE slow/ASp Reduction puls 50% of their hits damage.
His Q is basically Smite+Heal
His W is one of the best support abilities
His E is an awesome carry disable and catch up ability
His Passive allows him to lane at high health even if OOM!

AngelsOfHell12

09-20-2010

His ulti can be interruped by allmost every champ in the game

eSPee

09-20-2010

That's why I get Banshee's.

Also, so what? You're not just an ult-bot...

Butt3r

09-20-2010

Quote:
eSPee:
I mean, he's so AWESOME!
He can jungle with ignite and ghost.
His ult is great with Omen, and provides nice support AOE slow/ASp Reduction puls 50% of their hits damage.
His Q is basically Smite+Heal
His W is one of the best support abilities
His E is an awesome carry disable and catch up ability
His Passive allows him to lane at high health even if OOM!

people do play him.. at almost every level of play. He's one of those "easy to learn hard to master" champions.

Rebonack

09-20-2010

Nunu is nice because he's one of the fastest Junglers in the game.

Aside from that...

The basic problem with Nunu is that he's counter-picked very easily. I suspect that he would be a solid choice if his Nom skill did reduced damage to Champions or some such. He's fun, but there are just too many champs that do his job better.

Damoklese

09-20-2010

He isnt the most entertaining champion to play either.. and his farming ability is horrendous

He has his buff.. which is on a long enough duration that its pretty much fire and forget. Then he has a spammable nuke/snare and his ult. None of his abilities really tie together, so fighting as him can be a yawn fest at times. Nuke, chase, nuke, chase, nuke, chase.. uh oh team fight...ult, nuke, chase, nuke, chase..etc..etc. So there is that.

Then there is his bad farming. Despite the fact that he can eat a creep for instant health and gold.. his farming potential is totally ****. His autoattack speed is slow and weak...and the only AOE he has is an ult that cant/shouldnt be used for farming. He does not make a lot of money in most fights so his powers are rarely buffed to the point that he is melting faces.

Finally.. his character model is ugly and so are his animations.. so he isnt much fun to play visually either.

All that being said he is a very strong jungler and can contribute a lot to a team, so he isnt a bad choice.. he just isnt a sexy one.

Jun41

09-20-2010

Always ult in a bush so if someone wants to stun, they have to get in that bush

SgtSmoke21

09-20-2010

I been playing nunu about a month now. He's ok. I think before the WCG, people would have said he sucked hard but he's slowly gaining some love. He is an excellent jungler and his AP ratio's are nice. Outside of pubstomping, more seasoned players advise to build him tank/aura. I finally realize why.

Despite BV, his ult is not reliable against competent opponents. In fact, I'm finding it more useful to initiate and soak 2 disables for my carries in a teamfight. Popping it off from a bush is similar to Ashe's TP arrow trick...Awesome when it happens but you can't count on doing that every game, especially not in solo q (some moron always blows the ambush).

Laning is odd with nunu. His consume allows him to keep his HP up. His passive (and the reservoir) allows him to conserve mana. His snowball is an excellent harrassment skill and does some fair dmg with some AP. However, his farming capabilities suck. His auto attack dmg is horrible and last hitting is a real chore. I've held a 1v2 lane with nunu and had trouble clearing a double creep wave. He makes Soraka look like MF.

Blood boil rocks. BB is freaking awesome. No denying how awesome this buff is on a phys carry.

Also find his range of his snowball to be a bit short. Most chases I use it for the slow but with blood boil, chasing isn't really an issue. He seems strongest early to mid game.

Riptwisted

Recruiter

09-20-2010

damok has it right on. hes to hard to farm with. there are plenty of champs that farm better and can fill his roll.

soraka
tarik
fiddle
sivir
mf
trist

all of them can deal the same damage as yeti but have a better escape. they all can support there team just as well, if not better because of range or better cc's

even soraka can outtank yeti and who would want yeti of soraka.

maybe if yeti got some splash on his snowball skill. just enough to help kill creeps or slow a second target if placed right.

untill then i play him once a blue moon. if my team needs a tank/jungle and the other team is full of squishies with low damage.

ShreeK

09-20-2010

I play NuNu under some very specific conditions:
We already have a tank
We are AD heavy
We need a jungler