ranked games require too much luck

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Treza

09-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poondar View Post
the basic principle of the ELO system is that everyone has the same skill level, so if I am playing at a level above that skill level (which I am) then i should rise up. But it seems i keep matching in with people that are not at their correct ELO and are on the way down.
this about sums up the flaws of the current system.. if someone played 1 ranked game and sucked but got carried, they would be at my elo just waiting to bring me down

Skilltestingman

09-09-2012

It is partly luck, but you can't let that shadow your true skill. I, and many others, always thought my team was to blame. You have to just get better yourself, not hoping the community gets any better, cause it will never.

Are you consistently getting enough farm? Zoning your opponent? Not losing lane? Not getting CAUGHT, this is most important imo. It's a game changer.

My advice is play champs that are more mid to late games so you can carry as the game goes on. Even if you're losing, you'll be stronger later. That's kinda why clg is successful. They prepare for lategame and drag it out until then. Dont pick people like leblanc or renekton.

You know all the 2000+ elos? Do you think they were just lucky in there ranked games?

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poondar View Post
the basic principle of the ELO system is that everyone has the same skill level, so if I am playing at a level above that skill level (which I am) then i should rise up. But it seems i keep matching in with people that are not at their correct ELO and are on the way down. Seriously fiora jungling? eve mid? ad carries with no kills by 30 minutes?
Eve mid is VERY good with the right match up. I've had all AP eves on my team go 5:1 k:d in every game I've had her in.

Hamartithia

09-09-2012

Play jungle, snowball all the lanes, and win mid/late game. Jungle is easiest way to get ELO, if you're as good as you think you are.

As touched on, be sure to not get caught, win lane, don't get ganked, get towers, and control map objectives. Getting caught = GG.

t0ad5

09-09-2012

All I want is consistant good games... with competent team members.

This is too much to ask for, and getting worse. Can't consistantly win due to troll teams; 3 games in a row. No fun. Don't deserve the elo loss due to these ppl: "mid or feed".

All I want is consistant good games... with competent team members.

Hamartithia

09-09-2012

Honestly? Let that guy mid. It'll be a lot smoother. Or? Make another account and queue dodge whenever that happens.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treza View Post
this about sums up the flaws of the current system.. if someone played 1 ranked game and sucked but got carried, they would be at my elo just waiting to bring me down
Regardless of what you think, if you're at a skill level better than the average player in your Elo bracket, then there's one person in the match who is BELOW the average skill level for your bracket, they are 20% more likely to be placed on the enemy team then they are to be played on your team.

Whatever complaint you have about your teammates, just know that these players that you don't like having as teammates are on the enemy team 20% more often.

KillaChristian

09-11-2012

I personaly wish they would match u up with ppl who have the same afk/dc and kda as u. But o wells.

achesst

09-11-2012

And this is why I did what I did last year. Back when a dodge lost elo, I dodged down to 400. I wanted to find this mystical "elo hell" and find games where you can't possibly carry yourself out. Well, those games happen. I lost some games where I was with dc's, trolls, etc. But I carried, I played well, and won more often than I lost. Right around 1300 now, and that's probably about where I belong. Will you lose games to trolls or disconnects? Yes. After only 40 ranked games are you at the elo you deserve? Maybe not. But play 100 more or so and be confident that that's the elo your play deserves.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaChristian View Post
kda
What does this have to do with winning matches?

Besides, you do realize that certain roles are simply going to have better opportunity for higher KDA than others, right? You want everyone who prefers AP Mid to get matched up together? And then everyone who plays support gets stuck in the same lobby together?

How is that a good system?