ranked games require too much luck

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poondar

09-09-2012

i know i dont deserve to be 1400+ elo but i know i should be above 1250, ive had a positive kd and have won all my lanes in my past 5 ranked games and lost them all. its as if every person on my ranked team has been bad besides me. usually whenever i win a ranked game somebody has to be good besides me but nope for some reason my luck sucks

Choky xD

09-09-2012

u cant won 1 vs 5 man so u need a good team, in ranked games... so ... u need lucky :S for that ! or need w8 for the new T !

Poondar

09-09-2012

the basic principle of the ELO system is that everyone has the same skill level, so if I am playing at a level above that skill level (which I am) then i should rise up. But it seems i keep matching in with people that are not at their correct ELO and are on the way down. Seriously fiora jungling? eve mid? ad carries with no kills by 30 minutes?

No101

09-09-2012

Think of it this way. Lets say top goes 0/5 now that top can kill mid invade jungle and win the game. Now with the ganks from top your mid top and jungle will go - same thing if mid gets fed or bot. if one lane loses everyone on that team will get less kills and more deaths for they lose team fights and get ganked from top then the jungler doesn't have to gank top at all and can focus another lane screwing up more then just the one top losing

Flagrock

09-09-2012

Basically ELO is luck. I went 3 games in a row with an afker on my team and we lost. The next two games I was jungle and did decent, but my team was good and we steamrolled. The other game I was mid, I "won" my lane, my team didn't lose theirs and we walked over them. Now in the afker games, I was Diana once was 5/1/3 in laning phase. I moved around when their mid was gone, tried to help gank, but our AD carry was afk. I was able to rip through their AD carry Ashe, but all they had to do was group up and I couldn't kill her fast enough before going down with their stuns, slows, and cc on me. I ended the game 6/6/9 because once team fights came we had a panth sitting in lane never coming down, and the Taric would go to try and cs every 2 seconds. It's all based on luck. Tbh, my best played games where I destroy my lane is the games I lose because I couldn't carry the afker, feeder, or people who would not go to team fight. It's a totally random system which sucks. You can get to your ELO you deserve, but you have to play hundreds of games to beat the odds. Also, they say that you get a 5/9 chance of having the other team getting a bad person (like afker). I've only had 3 games where someone went afk on the enemy team. I've had at least 10 where my team went afk.

VeryFamous

09-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poondar View Post
i know i dont deserve to be 1400+ elo but i know i should be above 1250, ive had a positive kd and have won all my lanes in my past 5 ranked games and lost them all. its as if every person on my ranked team has been bad besides me. usually whenever i win a ranked game somebody has to be good besides me but nope for some reason my luck sucks
Of course it is partly luck, but as stated in many other threads, the other team has 5 chances to get an afker, feeder or leaver, but your team has only 4 chances because they have YOU! As long as you don't leave or intentionally feed, and you play at a "higher level" than your team, you will more often than not lead your team to victory.

You can't take a sample size of just 23 games and expect a real result. That would be like flipping a coin 23 times, getting 8 heads and 15 tails so you blame the coin.

It's not the coin.... flip it 200 more times and it will be a lot closer to 50/50.

As i said if your team has only 4 chances of having someone leave or suck, and their team has 5 chances eventually you will win out unless you are the most unlucky person on the planet, but with enough games you will statistically win more than you lose.

Unless you actually suck and are wrong about your team being worse than you, then you will stay where you are lol.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-09-2012

Winning your lane means you're good enough to play in the Elo bracket you're in. It takes more than winning your lane to move up in Elo though. You have to make yourself a global presence.

If you just killed the person in your lane, kill a wave of minions, push your lane, then hook up with your jungler and gank another lane. The fact that you're snowballing isn't enough. Use the fact that you're snowball to either stop a snowball in another lane, or to help a teammate start to snowball. Why would you stand in your lane thwacking away at the turret when you can go help out a teammate?

Moving up in Elo doesn't require good luck. All it requires is the absence of extraordinarily absurd bad luck.

slimjimo10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poondar View Post
eve mid?
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/30035327#history

durfys

09-09-2012

some of it is luck and some of it is if you can do good

Pharek

09-09-2012

i won 9/10 games in 1 day then after that i started getting loses harder enmy team noob team