Riot; I challenge you to make a better skin for Udyr than Primal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TempestAero1

07-06-2013

Love how you're actively posting on this thread Dudebro

IS1d6d3ffc5d25bf1bdf6f0

07-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeePok View Post
What/Who is the special guest for the joke?
There's an Urf ghost in his joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Upset Zombie View Post
All of PFEs spells and sound, look and sound different from his original look. He LOOKS like a different Ezreal, an Ezreal from the future, Jetpack and all.
Not really. He's just Ezreal in a futuristic suit. Everything about him is still Ezreal, he just has a new set of clothes... which puts him about on par with "Desert Trooper Garen" in terms of reconceptualization (just with a bigger budget).

Hell, his attacks even retain aesthetic consistency between them in terms of projectile shape and particle style (literally the biggest difference here is that they're blue instead of off-white), so I don't understand how:
Quote:
but it's still a bear, a tiger, a turtle and a pheonix.
makes any sense as an argument.

Quote:
But it's not an ultimate skin
It's pretty much identical to PFE in terms of conceptualization (same high concept with some slight thematic tweaks and a lot of technical polish), but with more raw materials put into it. So I don't know how you reach this conclusion.

An Upset Zombie

07-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1d6d3ffc5d25bf1bdf6f0 View Post
It's pretty much identical to PFE in terms of conceptualization (same high concept with some slight thematic tweaks and a lot of technical polish), but with more raw materials put into it. So I don't know how you reach this conclusion.
Well, I never said that the labeling of PFE was necessarily fair either.

I think PFE changes more of the character than SGU does for sure. I didn't say that SGU had no work put into it, I really like the way it looks too. But it's not an "Ultimate" skin, and I would argue PFE isn't really either. But at least PFE varies from his traditional look.

SGU is literally just a visual upgrade for Udyr, it doesn't change his theme at all. He's still a Monk-like warrior that uses the spirits of animals to aid him in battle.

PFE changes from a young explorer who found an ancient arcane glove that gives him arcane powers to a futuristic cyborg.

I do understand your points, and I agree with some, like I agree SGU has gotten a lot of work put into it, but I think PFE varies from the original character more than SGU does. That being said, I don't think either of them should be the ~$30 price Riot has given them.

Ze Azrael

07-07-2013

riot plz restore the stun sound effect for bear stance D:
that and the skin is perfect

Mjaxon

07-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot DudeBro View Post
it's 13 models(including the spirit animals and the special guest for the joke)
Please be Al Gore Please be Al Gore