Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot; I challenge you to make a better skin for Udyr than Primal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enterti

06-27-2013

Adding money to paypal as we speak

Kotolok

06-27-2013

Holy hell. This is the REAL reason spirit guard udyr came out

League of Moi

06-27-2013

Thank you OP.

SkyDavis

06-27-2013

Primal is still better, because Udyr is a plane.

Xanius

Recruiter

06-27-2013

Quote:
JesusBoon:
This ultimate skin is just a dissappointment, I mean, the voice over and quotes are nice and all, but I thought that the skin would change Udyr's shape ENTIRELY, almost as if you're playing as Volibear when in bear stance.

That's unrealistic from an aesthetic point of view. If he changed his entire model every time he swapped stances you'd have a nightmare of confusion. You swap from bear to tiger to bear to turtle to phoenix in the span of 10 seconds. It's much too much visual noise.

Prover

06-27-2013

ultimate harrowing skin with:

-Tiger Stance as a zombie
-Turtle Stance as a pumpkin/jack-o-lantern man
-Bear Stance as a frankenstein monster
-Phoenix Stance as a ghost

Also I came up with this off the top of my head so other monsters could be better matches for the effects but don't mess with my jack-o-lantern man/man-o-lantern!

Choffers

06-27-2013

i'm going to imagine this thread has been your homepage for the last 9 months or whatever.

Cire Umbra

06-27-2013

Quote:
xProR2D2x:
Maybe. But still the skin CONCEPT is just a Visual Upgrade for the basic skin. I'm just gonna stick with Primal Udyr and I hope everyone else does too, because this feels disapointing.

It is not a visual update.
Let's have a rundown of what you get.

-Four minutes of new voice work. Quite a few being special character interactions.
- A spirit animal for each stance that has its own animation while Classic Udyr just has a symbol that appears upon stance activation.
- A model that changes based on stance: phoenix gets long hair with reddish skin and feathery patches, tiger get claw hands with yellowish skin and stripes. Primal Udyr is just a mask and outfit change between stances.
-New attack patterns and dance emote for each stance.
-New particle effects
-New Udyr model

AnonTwo

06-27-2013

Quote:
Riot DudeBro:
It takes us longer than 1.3 months to make a champ and a skin. we just release a champ and skin around 1.3 months. development and content release are different.

Well done on completely defeating that challenge.

Viktors Henchman

06-27-2013

Quote:
NightcoreEvelynn:
Most justified necro of all time.

It is beautiful isn't it?

Amon_shedding_a_tear.png