Riot; I challenge you to make a better skin for Udyr than Primal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nanatsu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot DudeBro View Post
It takes us longer than 1.3 months to make a champ and a skin. we just release a champ and skin around 1.3 months. development and content release are different.
Man you necro this so hard. Welp

Riot; I challenge you to make a better skin for Kassadin than Pre-Void.

Gaiaside

06-27-2013

Quote:
It took us longer than 9 months to make this skin. We were working on him before PFE came out. I mean he's like 13 models, 4+ animation sets, different sounds for each stance, and custom effects per stance for minions,champs,jungle creeps, recalls,and emotes. Some even had max form specific work. phew!

First off, I'd like to say ignore GD for a few days. There's going to be a lot of QQing about Udyr, and there will be a lot of negativity. But over-all, I actually quite like the skin.

I only have one problem with it....

Why does each form have a really noticeable and interesting model for when you've maxed the skill, but Phoenix still looks basically the same?

I mean, Bear gets the Diablo 3 Barbiarian treatment.
Tiger gets even thicker, longer claws, and the forearm is more tiger-like.
Turtle gets a scale casing over his body....

So what's with Phoenix? Maybe I'm blind, but honestly it just looks like the wings had their feathers rearranged. Asside from counting the feathers, I just don't see a real difference. Was that intentional? It's a bit disappointing, because I normally play with his Phoenix stance, and I feel like I'd be missing out a little bit.

But again, definitely a cool skin. You guys did a good job.

ArlanKels

06-27-2013

Wish I had money to pick up this skin, but yeah...no way in heck can I afford it right now

Azuregore

06-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaiaside View Post
First off, I'd like to say ignore GD for a few days. There's going to be a lot of QQing about Udyr, and there will be a lot of negativity. But over-all, I actually quite like the skin.

Why does each form have a really noticeable and interesting model for when you've maxed the skill, but Phoenix still looks basically the same?

So what's with Phoenix? Maybe I'm blind, but honestly it just looks like the wings had their feathers rearranged. Asside from counting the feathers, I just don't see a real difference. Was that intentional? It's a bit disappointing, because I normally play with his Phoenix stance, and I feel like I'd be missing out a little bit.

+1 for you sir! Definitely agree that its a cool skin, and am glad that it will give me an incentive to actually bear slap someone in the face again

xProR2D2x

06-27-2013

Quote:
It took us longer than 9 months to make this skin. We were working on him before PFE came out. I mean he's like 13 models, 4+ animation sets, different sounds for each stance, and custom effects per stance for minions,champs,jungle creeps, recalls,and emotes. Some even had max form specific work. phew!
Maybe. But still the skin CONCEPT is just a Visual Upgrade for the basic skin. I'm just gonna stick with Primal Udyr and I hope everyone else does too, because this feels disapointing.

IS1fa7fbb2ca6f178f2e099

06-27-2013

Well, as someone who doesnt play either Ezrael or Udyr, i can tell you they are both on the same level.
They have both evolving models, new voiceovers and particles.
And before you ez fans start how great your ultimate is in comparison, it isnt. Its got a new model and blue particles, could be a VU as well

Blorgorize

06-27-2013

The Urf joke sold the skin for me. Awesome work Riot.

Besides the fully upgraded phoenix model (wtb beak or street fighter's Adol hair style); the only thing that I can possibly nit pick at is no first blood or pentakill global taunts, maybe 3 champions down the line it will appear.

JoshiaHerox

06-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaiaside View Post

Yeah this guy gets it. Most people on GD are just going to hate but it really is a cool skin. Also pretty sure maxed Phoenix stance has larger more refined wings and a beak. Not sure about the beak though...

Disgruntler

06-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshiaHerox View Post
Yeah this guy gets it. Most people on GD are just going to hate but it really is a cool skin. Also pretty sure maxed Phoenix stance has larger more refined wings and a beak. Not sure about the beak though...

He also gets Jesus hair

KaSplushy

06-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshiaHerox View Post

Yeah agreed!

Also, rank 1 is highly faded and lighter if I recall.

Rank 5 is clearly visable and darker shading.

Not much of a difference, but at the same time, not sure what more they could have done. Slowly growing feathers? I dunno. Looks awesome still though!

Edit: There is something on his back in rank 5 also- Pretty faded though.