@Riot: Fiora?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swordwraith

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaumont View Post
Wow. Where to start? I would have to say that the reason people think Fiora is trash tier, is because 99% of the people that play LoL have absolutely no creativity and no tolerance for innovation. How much of how you play is actually your idea, and how much is what you learned by watching videos, reading guides, and generally copying the way people smarter than you play? The reason why the top 1% are the top 1% is because they have the ability to analyze the skills of champions and can formulate creative ways of using those skills to their best possible advantage. Who's tutorials did they watch? Who's guides did they read? They analyze other players, but they don't imitate or emulate.

I love this game. I LOVE this game. I've played a lot of online games, but I've never seen such a player base with such a high percentage of immature, whining, crybaby losers than on LoL. Hardly anyone is capable of thinking outside the box, and because of that, people that have genuinely good ideas get harassed constantly by narrow minded fools that condescend to their own team. The team, you know? -The people you are supposed to cooperate with in order the win the game. Leaving queues because someone picks a champion that doesn't fit into your LoL bible? Please. Go back to kindergarten and stand in the corner. Your mind still needs time to develop.

Maybe the wrong thread to say all that, but back to Fiora:

Her W isn't very good, but it has it's use. It's a one point wonder, put 1 point in it at lvl 2 for the 15 ad and a way to block the occasional auto attack early game. Max lunge first, then burst of speed. And most importantly, go mid. That is if you have a team that's willing to let you. They will think you are retarded; persevere. Once you get first blood and shut down the cookie cutter caster you will most likely be paired against, your team will change their tune. Her passive is terrible, but her Q, E, and Ulti are incredible when used properly. She devours casters and carries. She's not a bruiser so get that idea out of your head. She's greatly underrated because most people don't know how to use her properly.

Didn't mean to sound so cynical in this post, but I really do get tired of players crying ALL THE TIME. It's a great game, enjoy it and have fun.
Except there are so many other assassins mid that outshine this way of playing Fiora.

Maleficus

09-26-2012

Olmec demands an explanation for this

Maleficus

09-27-2012

yay another top laner who can instantly lolcounter my ult.

Maleficus

09-28-2012

invisible, by Fiora.

Luxiere

09-28-2012

Bump for justice.

Kiritsuguri

09-28-2012

I use Fiora too! She's fun too play with. Gotta be creative and smart when using her. You just have to find the right teammates. Many players are more interested in killing than winning. KS this KS that BS.
Just fix that "W' and it will all be fine.

I love Fiora and Jax!

NDG RF Legendary

09-28-2012

i play fiora, she could use some cooldown buffs...

Maleficus

09-29-2012

It's raining outside, god cries for Fiora.

*edit, like how i capitalized Fiora but not god? wtfuxxx

GrandeGlande

09-29-2012

The guy who said Fiora ulti negates EVERY attack is wrong, you can get hit, and die.
I have died many times when my R animations was happening. Because she is focused, maybe 2 ignites where casted, so you die. Poison or whatever as well. And also more things, casted on you before you used your ulti, even if the animation begins, you die.
I am one of the 12 that play Fiora, and I would like to remind everyone about this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowballingGirls View Post
- To see what is "wrong" with Fiora (and the other unused Melee AD "carries" - Yi, Trynda, GP) let us compare her to the only "viable" melee AD carry nowadays - Jax:
-
- This will be a quote from an other "melee carry" topic:
-
- " Yes but he (Jax) has a rather "unique skill-set" that is borderline "broken" that makes him even a tournament viable pick or a great solo/duo queue top laner pick ....
- So why is that?
-
1. - He has a gapcloser/escaping "dash" skill ON A LOT SHORTER CD than Fiora's Lunge at early levels (10 seconds Vs 16) !!!!
- Even tho it can be used to escape as well!!!!
- And it's range is 700 compared to Fiora's 600.. And even tho Fiora can dash twice quite often there simply ISN'T ANYTHING between you and the enemy champ to chain-Lunge...
- And for Jax it SCALES WITH AP AND AD (1 per bonus AD, while Fiora's only scales with AD and at a 0.6 rate so if you "chain lunge" on the enemy you deal a ridiculously low amount of damage after mid game....
- And Jax's Q applies his W as well so all in all HE ____HAS____ a huge burst....
-
2. - Jax has an AoE stun and physical attack immunity for 2 seconds and AoE damage reduction by 25% that consecutively stuns in AoE for 1 second... (That totally "switches off" Fiora's Ulti or her Burst of Speed actually.)
- Don't even mention Fiora's 1-hit parry because that skill IMO the most useless "short defensive skills" if you compare it to Nocturne's (a total spell block and a huge attack speed boost for 5 seconds) or Sivir's (1 total spell immunity and 150 mana useful to throw more Qs and Ricochets and her shield is active for 3 SECONDS !!!) similar skills...
-
3. His ulti adds passive bonus damage and an active "defense upgrade" for 8 seconds....
On the other hand Fiora's ulti "could" deal nice damage in a 5 v 5 team fight BUT:
A, It has a ridiculously low "activation range" (400)
B, A pityful CD (130/120/110)
C, A rather limited usefulness in 1 v 1 since the damage of the consecutive strikes is even with on-hit items like Wit's End shamefully low......
-
- So in Jax and Fiora we see how a "Good/borderline OP melee AD carry functions" and how the "Worst melee AD carry of the game NOT functions"..... Yi and Tryndamere are still more fearful at the end game if you AFK farm with them, cause they excell at "BD-ing" and in team fight they dish out way more damage with a full item build than the 1-trick(Ulti)-pony also known as Fiora....... :S
-
- EDIT: Ohh, and Jax has AoE hard CC while Fiora lacks all kind of CC so if you even slow her let alone stun her by the time she "recovers" the target will be out of Lunge range....
-
- Ohh, and don't forget an other interesting and important feature that all melee ad carries (except for Jax) lack.... they lack Hard CC, some even lack all form of CC like Yi and Fiora.... And in End game Team fights CC wins the game...... The team with the more Hard CC is more likely to be victorious.....
-
- And at last, but not at least: let's not forget to compare Jax's innate with Fiora's:
-
- Where Jax's can potentially give an AS boost of 84% for free at lvl 18 - no mana costs ofc
and
- Fiora's innate gives her some derpy 100 Hp/ 6 sec bonus at lvl 18, where a Jax hits her for 200-300 damage twice per second..... Sure,,,,, a totally "equal" innate...
-
- Actually the "Grand Duelist" of LoL is outclassed by 99% of the other melee ADs of this game in 1 v 1.... so her title is "totally logical and meaningful"... :S
-
- Maybe she is a Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist...... or Bakugan..... Or simply Dueling in LoL is the synonym of "feeder"..."

-
- I believe this pretty much shows why Jax is a viable tournament-pick in a role where Fiora is totally unviable ....
- Will she be fixed any time in the near future? Unfortunately I seriously doubt it...
- She is now the "new sister" of Karma and Sejuani in the "Long-Forgotten Girls" Club(In short LFG - since all 3 of them is "Looking For Group" all the time... ) .... :P

And I want to tell the OP I love his perseverance, but should ask for more; she needs to be revisited entirely. All her kit. IMO thats it.

Fiora Mid GG

09-29-2012

What the ****!?!?!?!? They changed the quote?! Wow.