Miss Fortune build tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ishmanian

09-19-2010

Been trying out various AD builds with her since I got her yesterday, looking for some suggestions on items to get when going up against casters who get early ROAs and then stack AP with archangels or the like.

I find I can generally do pretty well early game, but start to feed late game - especially when I'm up against someone who can burst me to death in two seconds - at this point I'm struggling to decide between getting more AD items to help in taking out their ridiculous health, or going for survivability to not die whenever one of the casters ignores my teammates to get me for an easy kill.

I've been going for a manamune as the first item for damage/help with her tiny manapool, but I'm not really sure if I should instead be building something like wriggle's lantern and then grabbing golem buff as much as possible?

Or should I go with an AP build and just annoy the hell out of people with her e?

Fiddlecog

09-19-2010

I've had a lot of success with my build:

Start with the meki pendant and make your Manamune asap. Berzerker greaves for boots I find excellent (unless you need some CC defense, inwhich case Mercury treads). Don't care if people say they're ****, they can suck a noob. After those two items I get Mandreds, then Rageblade, then Starks. The last item is pretty open to whatever you want, I usually go with a BF sword recipe or Frozen mallet if people run away from me a lot.

In lane phase, if I am solo mid I try to max Q first for harass and kills. If I'm with a laning partner, then E. W is usually low on my priority list, I put one point in it for quick damage to turrets when the opportunity arises. If you try this build, I hope it helps! As for masteries, 21/0/9 works great.

Ishmanian

09-19-2010

Thanks, will try it out.
I pretty much always max Q first, as I find it generally helps a lot more in keeping the other heroes in my lane away from my squishy self [I've also given up grabbing a doran's item and just get a meki, as I prefer being able to spam the Q for its ludicrous harassment effect]

The help's appreciated.

Churles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2010

My build differs from Fiddlecog's. But first, I'll try to give a small amount of credibility to my statements.

Currently, I have over 420 normal game wins, and am hovering around 1425 elo in solo que. Of the 6 games I've played in ranked with MF (I don't play ranked as much as normal) I have won every game. That may not be much, but I'd like to say I am at least ok with her.

Now for masteries, I go 0/9/21. This is for the dodge, experience, mana regen, +nuetral buff time movespeed and shorter summoner spells.

My rune set is weird, but if you have the ip, my preferred runeset would be hp quints, either arp or mp reds (arp since you'll build ad, mp because make it rain and bullet time are both spells, and do good damage), dodge yellows and mp5/lvl blues.

For a starting item, you can go either sapphire crystal, or meki pendant. I usually start with sapphire crystal, but its preference.

For skill order, I get Q at level 1, but max E first (Make it rain). Make it rain helps me farm the caster minions easily, as well as being a great harass, and slow. So the skillbuild would be:
Q, E, E, Q, E, R, E, Q, E, Q, R, Q, W, W, W, R, W, W

When I hit level 6 I usually have just enough mana to ult the next creepwave, killing them and letting me head back to town to get my tear, and if I did well enough, boots/potions/a ward as well.

Your first completed item will be Manamune, followed by boots of swiftness. That is what you will get in every game, the items afterwards vary greatly. However, for someone relatively new to MF, I'd suggest building several small but powerful items, that way each time you head back to town, you get that much stronger.

My last game is a good example of this. After completing manamune and boots of swiftness, I went for wriggles (free wards are awesome), then ghostblade, then a sword for my future black cleaver, as well as red and green pots. (Look up my match history if you are interested)

Other games you may do very well, and so you can either go for a sword of the occult, or go for infinity edge, or other expensive items built from B.F. Sword.

For summoner spells, I run ignite and flash, but, I'd also recommend ghost and flash.

I've probably written too much, so let me try to make myself more clear and concise.
M.F. is a great ranged carry, but suffers from being extremely squishy. To counter this we rely on having great positioning. This is why, boots of swiftness, the movespeed in utility, flash and if you take it ghost, are all so important to M.F.

As a ranged carry, you should focus only on ad items. Any needed survivability will be covered by a red pot and better positioning.

That is really it, my only other suggestion, which isnt really mf exclusive is to buy wards. Tons of wards, may delay big items, but if need be, build smaller items instead. Having basically "map hacks" and opening up ganking opportunities is huge.

Angry gorilla

09-19-2010

Max Make it Rain
Take mid
Farm. Farm. Farm. Farm.
Manamune - Sorcs - Haunting guise - Thirsters
Teamfight - RE - Win

Not the most practical, but certaintly hilarous and fun

Churles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry gorilla View Post
Max Make it Rain
Take mid
Farm. Farm. Farm. Farm.
Manamune - Sorcs - Haunting guise - Thirsters
Teamfight - RE - Win

Not the most practical, but certaintly hilarous and fun
Angry gorilla's post is much more concise then mine. So basically this. I'd prefer swiftness but to each his own.

SuchIsLife

09-19-2010

I still don't know why people put manamune on her. I just get brutalizer or rush IE and run mp5/lvl seals and almost never run out of mana. You shouldn't need to use skills to farm.

Klaphat

09-19-2010

if you have trouble with a caster then build either force of nature or banshees veil... it will most likely make you own them, or at least make them run away...

Xx sObe xX

09-20-2010

I start with Dorians Blade (120hp, 6dmg 4% lifesteal) and one health potion, gives me pretty much starting tank HP with over 600HP.

Then I build towards Phantom Dancer and Infinity edge but slowly, basically I would have Zeal, BF sword, basic boots and a vamp scepter, then build phantom dancer first then infinity edge

After this it really comes down to taste and your opponents. If you want higher crit chance an executioners callling is faily cheap with 18% lifesteal and 15% crit rate, or you could build the scepter towards a bloodthirster for more damage. You can build for either merc threads again CC and magic damage or ninja tabi against a melee dps team, or even sell the basic boots since the run speed is enough with phantom dancer.

Asaryu Sinon

09-20-2010

Apparently my build is MF is different from people in this thread, at least skill up wise and starting items.
Depending on what I feel like doing, I go with Doran's Blade + Health Pot or Boots of Speed + Ward + Health Pot.
The ward I typically put at enemy lizard to gank a dumb jungler.
Skill wise: R > Q > W > E
Don't see why you need Make it Rain to farm. Farming with Auto attacks and Q is easy enough.
Items: Manamune, I. Edge. Rest of item build depends on team comp. If I need more survivability, Frozen Mallet, if I need to go more anti tanky, Madred's. More damage, Bloodthirster/Ghostblade. Need to eat through armor, Last Whisper.