You know why 'Verbal Abuse' is a choice for reporting?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

perry mason1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2012

Play a different game. Seriously. This isn't the game for you. Things won't get better.

CreepyBus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThornAlavarn View Post
I don't know about the person who made this thread, but if someone actually gave constructive criticism to me, then I'd listen to it. As long as it wasn't stupid. Saying something like "Hey, dude, building Rylai's isn't the best choice on Ashe. Maybe picking up an Infinity Edge would be better" is something I'd be much more likely to listen to than "OMG****INGNOOB L2P"

Unfortunately, very few people in LoL seem to be able to actually tell the difference between the two approaches...
I agree with this fully. If someone has superior knowledge about something that I'm doing wrong then I'm all ears. I mean, who doesn't want to play better? If I'm ever playing and someone can say what I can do better along the lines of your first example then that's fine with me. I'd rather help the team instead of hinder it.

Sometimes when I respond to people they're like "Whoa you need to calm down, I wasn't trying to be rude." That helps me a lot, personally. It's not like I can take the time to explain my situation to them during a heated match. The latter example is upsetting though.

AB1SHAI

09-08-2012

A lot of people seem to disagree with my 5/10, hence the downvotes.

6/10 final offer...

Yasako

09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneInari View Post
I've seen this argument too many times to keep believing it. The vast majority of problems with 'life' aren't actually because of life, but because stupid people think that 'life' is some sadistic entity and insist on acting out its will.

If people actually tried to help each other instead of trying to shut each other up and all suffer alone, then maybe life would be easier to deal with.
Yes. I love you. This is exactly what's wrong with the world.

Aeolian Melodies

09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falling Objects View Post
And is also a better love story.
Gordon Ramsay's books have better love stories than Twilight.

CreepyBus

09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry mason1 View Post
Play a different game. Seriously. This isn't the game for you. Things won't get better.
That is like telling Rosa Parks that she should've just gotten on a different bus.

Prenn

09-08-2012

My man. You are the best. You know something, Ive always been attuned to other peoples emotions and I look at it as a benefit. Normally I can judge the true character of someone and am normally right, and I understand when I cant judge them. The thing is, I feel the same way you do. Too many people are not considerate of the position their in, or the position others are in, and that overall lack of awareness pulls me down sometimes too. I'm a humanitarian like you. I hope people have the right to a fair shake in life, and if it makes a difference, if you keep that attitude you're going to win in life. Just understand that.

The people who don't understand that, the ones who poke at others just to feel like they have control or advantage over the situation, are the ones that when real life hits them... when they have a kid or are trying to build a better life for themselves... Id hate to say it, but they wont know what to do and they wont have anyone helping them. That's the difference between us and them.

Its a shame you don't feel like everyone else, oblivious. I dont either, and thats a good thing. Just dont let it pull you down. Enjoy your day friend, someone needs to tell you that, and you probably need to take it as true advice more often, and I mean it. Just always remember there are others like us. People who arnt dicks, but still aware.

Jgame

09-08-2012

Bump.

Digitality

09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiarJon View Post
what's dumb is when people give constructive criticism and then people like you get butthurt and ignore the advice. then we get mad when you don't listen so you get what you deserve
I understand where you're coming from but it doesn't require anyone to rage and belittle them.

My tone is fairly neutral. People take it negatively though. They assume if I don't put smileys in my text I must be an ******* or something. I don't get it.

So yeah when I try to coordinate something and people ignore it or go out of their way to do something else entirely I get frustrated. I do get snarky, and snappish but I never tell people things like "Go kill yourself." or "uninstall the game".

If I comment on a failure it is specific to that instance. I don't rage on and on about it. Sometimes I will say doing something was stupid. I won't say the player is stupid, but I have called decisions players make outright bad.

I'm not really big on coddling egos to get my team mates willing to want to win. I'm sure it's cost me some games but meh. If they want to throw a game out of spite

Really I call myself out just as much when I do dumb things. I highlight errors to solidify that they were mistakes that we need to not make again. I just can't type out an entire paragraph explaining why a particular situation was not favorable every single time.

fishnchipsmate

09-08-2012

can't upvote enough.