So I found a flaw in the system.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2012

Supposedly, the new tribunal would hide people's information, so you would rather be voting to punish "that feeder miss fortune" than X player.

In all cases except one, the one of inappropriate name.

I did found out in one of my cases that some people found a way to abuse that.

They report someone for inappropriate name, even if the name is okay, with the purpose of giving us the reported player name.

Melos

09-08-2012

Um... how is that a broken system lol? If the guy has an inappropriate name, wouldn't you need to know before you vote punish or pardon on it? And if he doesn't, the report is a false one. Also, i think the majority of people are too lazy to lolking every person besides to see their match history and ranked stats to make a "better" and more complete judgment on a player.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelosW View Post
Um... how is that a broken system lol? If the guy has an inappropriate name, wouldn't you need to know before you vote punish or pardon on it? And if he doesn't, the report is a false one. Also, i think the majority of people are too lazy to lolking every person besides to see their match history and ranked stats to make a "better" and more complete judgment on a player.

I am not saying it is broken.

I a just saying, again, people found a way to go around the system to abuse it.

IIRC, the new tribunal was made to be in touch with some laws on some specific countries, were they simply couldn't reveal people's information. If that's so, then people doing this would be bad for the tribunal.

LittleDi

09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
I am not saying it is broken.

I a just saying, again, people found a way to go around the system to abuse it.

IIRC, the new tribunal was made to be in touch with some laws on some specific countries, were they simply couldn't reveal people's information. If that's so, then people doing this would be bad for the tribunal.
So in effect we get new people making false reports again for the purposes of trying to promote name and shame from tribunal.

Solution: remove that report option from tribunal cases.

Problem solved.

Kinvaras666

09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
So in effect we get new people making false reports again for the purposes of trying to promote name and shame from tribunal.

Solution: remove that report option from tribunal cases.

Problem solved.

not as simply.

If someone has a name "I****UrMother" they should still be punished

LittleDi

09-08-2012

Quote:
not as simply.

If someone has a name "I****UrMother" they should still be punished
That would be why someone with such a name is reviewed by Riot instead of by Tribunal. See what I did there?

Kinvaras666

09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
That would be why someone with such a name is reviewed by Riot instead of by Tribunal. See what I did there?

well yes, however, there is still two problems:

One is riot deciding what kind of name is inappropriate or not, what will make players angry.

And other is, riot would need people exclusively to review these, what would make punishments go really slow

Cobra Taskmaster

09-08-2012

Ya, somebody reported me for an inappropriate name once, got the email saying it was under review etc. Turns out I didn't get banned or anything because it isn't offensive.

Kinvaras666

09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Sergeant View Post
Ya, somebody reported me for an inappropriate name once, got the email saying it was under review etc. Turns out I didn't get banned or anything because it isn't offensive.

okay? So what this have to do with the discussion?

and why the need to downvote?

LittleDi

09-08-2012

Quote:
okay? So what this have to do with the discussion?

and why the need to downvote?
Because he was reported for the offense of "inappropriate name" and was pardoned. Thus if someone is punished for it they are reviewed by riot prior to this. I'm already confirmed on what happened.

I don't know why it was down voted because I didn't do such (yet) and don't feel need to.