Unable to connect to network!! Please Help!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Will77

11-15-2009

After very long painful install was able to play. Once closed when trying to relaunch game it says "unable to connect to server try again later". This is not a windows dialouge box, this is on the lol launcher. Please help!!! Have read all posts regarding issues. I installed from the collectors pack cd.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

11-15-2009
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Does it ask you if you are connected to the 'interent'[sic]?

If so, please click (anywhere) on the launcher, and type UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT UP UP DOWN DOWN. I am not kidding.

llvengancell

11-15-2009

i have a hp laptop with a nvidia 8200m graphic card and a amd turion and i have a vmware on it. i have found that this problem only occurs in vista at least on my machine when i tested it with xp i found that it works perfectly well. dont know if that will help the developers any or not

Will77

11-15-2009

It does not ask if i am connected. The launcher says its updating, then "unable to connect ..."\

gohanssj2

11-15-2009

On the launcher screen it was able to download patches and other things but then when it starts 'Updating LOL.Game' after a few minutes the message changes to 'Cannot connect to the server, please try again later.'

I was wondering if this is an issue with the fact  that i am in China or maybe something to do with m y laptop. Any help would  be great. Thanks.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

11-16-2009
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Have you tried playing from the standalone version of the game?

http://leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=25129

According the logs, your computer is unable to open the type of file used in the downloading process. There are a few possible reasons for this:
-There is some third party program interfering with Internet Explorer downloads
-You are behind some kind of restricted network that doesn't allow the downloading of these files

Will77

11-16-2009

If I uninstall/reinstall and "play now" it runs with no issues. If i logout and close, when i restart the initial screen comes on, retrieves info, starts update, then unable to connect try again. the standalone download time is crazy loong. Any other things? i am a new player and the game is fun, but this is frustrating.

reapermaster

11-16-2009

I apoligize if someone suggested this already, but I didnt see it referenced anywhere.

have you tried right clicking on the game icon and selecting run as administrator?

Will77

11-16-2009

i have. i have also tried to run in xp compat mode.

reapermaster

11-16-2009

its a long shot, but try out my post here http://leagueoflegends.com/board/sho...t=4564&page=46

run the script and then launch the game.