Suggestion to deter trolling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LargeSnorlax

09-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambawarrior View Post
Pick Darius, He's OP.
OMG Y U NO PICK DARIUS
KICK

Pick Soraka and heal me a bunch

OMG NOT SONA.
KICK

I want top.
No, I want top, and I'm premade.
But I'm first pick and calle-
KICK
This is why you implement it in ranked only. And change solo/duo to solo queue.

Frankly, if you're doing something against the overwhelming consensus of your team in the first place before the game even starts, the odds are heavily in your favour of you irritating your team in game as well. This leads to high tempers, bad behaviour and losing.

Votekick has no place in normals - It has a very huge place in ranked though.

Supified

09-10-2012

How often does this style of trolling actually occur though? I don't know that I've seen it that many times, if ever.

PlaytoWinForEver

09-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeSnorlax View Post
This is why you implement it in ranked only. And change solo/duo to solo queue.

Frankly, if you're doing something against the overwhelming consensus of your team in the first place before the game even starts, the odds are heavily in your favour of you irritating your team in game as well. This leads to high tempers, bad behaviour and losing.

Votekick has no place in normals - It has a very huge place in ranked though.
Is it my fault that someone gets "high temper" when I'm not insulting him, and I'm playing my best which a champion that I consider a good option?

Is it my fault someone ELSE is misbehaving?

How can high tempers and misbehaviors from other people be my fault when I'm following the rules?

In my eyes Vote Kick = Reporting but worst.
- False reports can get reviewed, they can get pardoned, they lose strength and they can even be punished without harming innocent players.
- False vote kicks can't be reviewed, can't get pardoned, they never lose strength and they punish innocent players.

Vote Kick = HORRIBLE IDEA. More power to trolls

If I wanted to AP Evelynn mid 2 weeks ago and the other 4 players of my team don't want me to do it... Should I get kicked and get a temporary suspension from queueing?

If I wanted to do Urgot bot about 7 months ago...

Or maybe jungle alistar at around the same time.

Oh another idea... I wanted to play top warwick 2 years ago... damn he must be trolling

AP Yi? what a troll? Kick kick k

Can you explain me how vote kicks fits into Lyte's FAQs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Can I be banned for not playing the meta?
Players are not banned by the Tribunal for not playing the meta; they are banned for consistently creating negative experiences for others.

We have data suggesting that reviewers of Tribunal cases are very thoughtful and accurate in their verdicts, so if you were reported for not playing the meta but were being a positive player, you can expect to be judged fairly.

In general, players should feel empowered to play what they want and to try new strategies; however, this does not give you a license to be disrespectful or rude to your fellow gamers.

[NEW] Can I be banned for playing an unpopular champion?
No, the Tribunal does not ban players for playing unpopular champions. You should feel empowered to play any champion you like, any way you like as long as you’re creating a positive experience for everyone in the game.

MoreMedz

09-10-2012

Rather than a vote to kick, what about a vote to disband?

Say in a game where someone is afk in the champion selection screen or plainly trolling, then a player can initiate a vote for disbanding. If you get a certain number of votes (4 seems standard, but 3 might also be reasonable), then the champion selection is terminated without anyone receiving a time penalty.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2012

A vote to disband sounds quite reasonable to me.

As far as picking something that upsets 4 players on your team(or, say, 3, to prevent duo queue trolls from working around it), why should they not kick you? If you want to play something that goes against what the majority of your team is comfortable with, whether it's against the meta or not, you're causing conflict and could be viewed as a troll.

If someone called top lane lower in the pick order, and you say "too bad I'm first pick and going top", and the rest of your team doesn't find that acceptable, why should they not be able to kick you? For me personally, I don't want someone like that on my team, and if my teammates agree with me, I'm not the only one in that queue. If I am, then it's not as big of a problem as I thought, and I'm the one who should shut up and deal with it, not the first picker.

If someone wants to play a teemo adc, some teams might be ok with that. But if the majority of the team isn't, and that player still picks teemo as his adc champion, why should they not be allowed to avoid playing a game with him without taking a 30 minute penalty themselves?

Doesn't matter if it's a deliberate troll or just a willful player - if you create an environment that your teammates in queue are unhappy with, I don't see a problem with empowering them to deal with you. If you're the kind of person who frequently insists on playing a certain lane or a certain champion regardless of what your team thinks, you'll find it unfair - but for the rest of us, that would like to at least start our games without a conflict, it's perfectly fine. Learn to cooperate and work with your team, and games will be more pleasant for everyone. Don't, and find yourself unable to even start a game alot of the time.

Is there potential for abuse? In unranked play, probably. In ranked, with a maximum of two players in a queue and a requirement for at least three players to reach a consensus to deal with another player, I don't see much of a problem.

And if one does arise, surely it will come to Riot's attention and can then be dealt with.

So, while I don't necessarily advocate a vote to kick or to disband, I do think it would be greatly beneficial to the community as a whole, provided it could be implemented without leaving room for abuse. The kind of player who isn't willing to cooperate with their teammates, even before the game starts, is the kind of player I don't mind discouraging.

Edit: What about a scaling penalty system for consecutive kicks? First time kicked, and you have to wait two minutes(or some small number, less then or equal to the current first penalty for dodging). Second time, and it goes up. Third time, even moreso, and so on. Get past queue and into a game and it resets.

This will prevent the same person from matching with the people who already kicked him, without taking too much of his time if the first kick is unjustified. It also rewards cooperation by resetting the penalty time when you've stopped doing what you're being penalized for, unlike the current dodge system.

It might also be worth flagging players who excessively kick for review.

MoreMedz

09-11-2012

I think the main problem with vote to kick is that it is open to exploitation. Imagine a game where 4 people decide to kick 1 person because that 1 person had a bad match history or bad ranked record with a certain champion. In those instances, the person kicked might be quite innocent.

PlaytoWinForEver

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
A vote to disband sounds quite reasonable to me.

As far as picking something that upsets 4 players on your team(or, say, 3, to prevent duo queue trolls from working around it), why should they not kick you? If you want to play something that goes against what the majority of your team is comfortable with, whether it's against the meta or not, you're causing conflict and could be viewed as a troll.

If someone called top lane lower in the pick order, and you say "too bad I'm first pick and going top", and the rest of your team doesn't find that acceptable, why should they not be able to kick you? For me personally, I don't want someone like that on my team, and if my teammates agree with me, I'm not the only one in that queue. If I am, then it's not as big of a problem as I thought, and I'm the one who should shut up and deal with it, not the first picker.

If someone wants to play a teemo adc, some teams might be ok with that. But if the majority of the team isn't, and that player still picks teemo as his adc champion, why should they not be allowed to avoid playing a game with him without taking a 30 minute penalty themselves?

Doesn't matter if it's a deliberate troll or just a willful player - if you create an environment that your teammates in queue are unhappy with, I don't see a problem with empowering them to deal with you. If you're the kind of person who frequently insists on playing a certain lane or a certain champion regardless of what your team thinks, you'll find it unfair - but for the rest of us, that would like to at least start our games without a conflict, it's perfectly fine. Learn to cooperate and work with your team, and games will be more pleasant for everyone. Don't, and find yourself unable to even start a game alot of the time.

Is there potential for abuse? In unranked play, probably. In ranked, with a maximum of two players in a queue and a requirement for at least three players to reach a consensus to deal with another player, I don't see much of a problem.

And if one does arise, surely it will come to Riot's attention and can then be dealt with.

So, while I don't necessarily advocate a vote to kick or to disband, I do think it would be greatly beneficial to the community as a whole, provided it could be implemented without leaving room for abuse. The kind of player who isn't willing to cooperate with their teammates, even before the game starts, is the kind of player I don't mind discouraging.

Edit: What about a scaling penalty system for consecutive kicks? First time kicked, and you have to wait two minutes(or some small number, less then or equal to the current first penalty for dodging). Second time, and it goes up. Third time, even moreso, and so on. Get past queue and into a game and it resets.

This will prevent the same person from matching with the people who already kicked him, without taking too much of his time if the first kick is unjustified. It also rewards cooperation by resetting the penalty time when you've stopped doing what you're being penalized for, unlike the current dodge system.

It might also be worth flagging players who excessively kick for review.
Did you read the FAQ? Did you read what Lyte wrote? Explain me how ANY of your situations work with this statement:

Players are not banned by the Tribunal for not playing the meta

In general, players should feel empowered to play what they want and to try new strategies; however, this does not give you a license to be disrespectful or rude to your fellow gamers.

Lyte says... You can play whatever you want to play... just make sure you are respectful towards your allies.

How is kicking someone being respectful? My policy is simple... you gotta work with your team but they also gotta work with you. You have to respect everyone's opinion, and they should also respect your opinions.

Here's a little example why this is a HORRIBLE idea:
- My 2 best supports champions are Zyra and Blitz... up to the point that I do NOT play ANY other champions as support.

- My team works out the pick order... I say I get to support and I say I'll support Zyra.

- "Zyra is trolling, pick a Taric".

My options are:
* Pick a champion that I DO NOT OWN.

* Pick a champion that I DO POORLY. Yes, I do horrible with most supports, that's why I don't own them, I'm not gonna buy something that I do NOT like and ALSO I'm not good with.

* Get kicked from the game.

Explain me how I did something wrong in my example...
- Where is my offense?
- Why should I get kicked?
- Why am I being punished?

Again you are disregarding something important... Riot says that you can play WHATEVER you want... just because YOU think it is wrong... it doesn't make it wrong.

PlaytoWinForEver

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrrationalNoob View Post
Alright so the problem is lets say a player wants to play a champion that the community sees as non viable (heimerdinger or Karma, etc). Is the selection of Heimerdinger or Karma in itself the problem or is the problem with the general community who would prefer to dodge the game?

Replace "troll champion selection" with anyone you want. Jungle Swain, mid lane Sona etc. The point being its not that these champion positions can't work its that they are seen as not viable by the community.
Response by red:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Right, it's not a bannable offense to want to play an unorthodox champion. Players who are communicating with their team and seriously want to play a certain combination is a very different story from players who are simply trying to force others to dodge. We'll be targeting the latter and not the former.
I found this jewel... just click on the link of the quote if you need a direct source (he is a red in the PB&J team AKA Lyte's team/tribunal/antitroll team.