Make it possible to move without using mouse.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nvmvoidrays

09-19-2010

WASD wouldn't work in this game.

they'd have to redesign the game from the ground up to make it feel functional with WASD.

in other words, man up and use the mouse.

Aniline

09-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landa View Post
In PreWow MMos you moved with mouse too.
In WoW you should be at least turning with the mouse as well as keyboard turning is very, very slow.

So, I'm not sure where this "move with your keyboard" thing comes from.

vexii

09-19-2010

Fail.

Lolligags

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2010

The aiming issue is the only problem I see, having to switch through targets would be a huge hassle and would get you killed fast in team fights while you are struggling to change between champs/creeps.

Aniline

09-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acias View Post
It would select the next champion/creep... just like in any other mmorpg...
which is of course total BS
Even if a skill shot did "aim" through Tab at a champion or creep... you wouldn't be able to do things like predicting where someone is going to run and shoot the skill shot at that empty space and make them run into it. It takes out a huge part of correctly using skill shots.

dissonancy

09-20-2010

In this thread, OP has no idea what aiming with a skill shot means.

Keyboard WASD movement will just hinder you, you don't have 3 hands, bro. And you still need to mouse, so why bother?

OH, I'LL JUST USE THE KEYBOARD TO MOVE I DON'T FEEL LIKE MOVING MY HAND AS MUCH.
OH NO IT'S A GANK WHERE DID MY MOUSE GO I NEED TO AIM MY MYSTIC SHOT.

JumboCactaur

09-20-2010

Ya, even if you could "target lock" your abilities, your skillshots would miss a lot because you'd be firing at where they are instead of where they're going to be. Most if not all skill shots have a slow projectile that require you to lead your target. Only the precision of mouse aiming can accomplish this.

Olirum

09-21-2010

Sorry to bump this thread, but i came here to ask for the exact same thing. Ive started playing recently, and i think it would feel a lot better to move using AWSD. But not like wow, where you have to turn your character. Instead, pressing any key would make the character instantly move in that direction, like mario galaxy.

Even if thats not optimal for competitive play, i think the option should be implemented. Moving with mouse is boring.