Make it possible to move without using mouse.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2010

well since you still need your mouse to attack............................................ .................................

why bother?

I destroy noobs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whist View Post
well since you still need your mouse to attack............................................ .................................

why bother?
I would use 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 on the Num. Pad for my abilities and q, w, e, a, s, d, z, x, c to move.

Gum Pack

09-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustofoblivion View Post
I would use 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 on the Num. Pad for my abilities and q, w, e, a, s, d, z, x, c to move.
How would you aim?

I destroy noobs

09-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomoras View Post
How would you aim?
With Tab.

Acias

09-19-2010

Well, Windows should have a built-in programm where you can use your Numkeys as a mouse. But pelase, DO NOT DO IT.

Aniline

09-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustofoblivion View Post
With Tab.
How would aiming with Tab work? Tab once and it aims north? Tab twice and it aims south? Tab three times and it aims west? Tab four times and it aims east? What about fiddly little directions like north-by-northeast?

Can't really aim skill shots with Tab.... >.>

Landa

09-19-2010

In PreWow MMos you moved with mouse too.

Zendrik

Recruiter

09-19-2010

I don't necessarily disagree with the original poster, but I wouldn't use that control scheme. It works well in other 3rd Person Isometric games so it could work here also. The only issue I see is selecting a skill. They would either have to be on 1-4, or you would have to click on the skill button on the HUD. Although I am not fond of either one of these, I do see the benefits of having WASD style movement. What I would suggest as an alternative is having both WASD and pathmaking.

Acias

09-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniline View Post
How would aiming with Tab work? Tab once and it aims north? Tab twice and it aims south? Tab three times and it aims west? Tab four times and it aims east? What about fiddly little directions like north-by-northeast?

Can't really aim skill shots with Tab.... >.>
It would select the next champion/creep... just like in any other mmorpg...
which is of course total BS

Lolligags

09-19-2010

This would open up the use of xbox 360 controllers and PS3 controllers, but then again theres the aiming issue that gets in the way, so I don't see it working.