New Cho'gath Build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheSacrifice

11-15-2009

Alright, guys. I know you're like, "What?!" And, I can't blame you for that. But I have always felt that there was something else hiding inside that tank/mage we all know and love. I mean, he's freaking huge. How could there NOT be something else?

You want to know what that something else is?

A DPS strat. I'm not sure how new it is, but I do know it's not the norm by a long shot. With Vorpal Spikes, you basically add 60 damage to each normal attack. An AP build deals more, but whatever. So, logically the faster you attack the better this skill is. Beyond that, it's an amazing farming skill. Of course, I wouldn't try this unless you're solo. Or against a solo. But what I was thinking of and did do was this:

Feast > Vorpal Spikes > Rupture > Feral Scream

Then, I built him towards a DPSr's AS/True Damage build. That is, Malady, Wit's End and Bloodrazor with Zerker's boots. I've only tried it three times so far (once we were stomped badly, hence the not unless you're solo/playing a solo advice), but now what I'm looking for is you fellow LoLGuiders to help me out here.

How many of you have ever tried this?

Would you be willing to try a build like this or an alternative DPS Cho'gath build?

If you have or will, please tell me what you think of type of building. Hope to see some nice feedback here.

PS: For those of you who were wondering, the other two matches had the opponents get stomped badly. Both teams surrendered at around the 25 minute mark. Seeing as I have gotten those 4 listed items every time, I don't doubt that should the game end up getting too long you'll be a killing machine.

/discuss

TheCave

11-15-2009

I just finished a game not too long ago where our Cho Gath had over 6k health fully feasted. I think if you build him like you're suggesting, it might work but it would be a waste of his potential.

Barotix

11-15-2009

You open with Rupture from a bush, follow up with a scream & vorpal, finish with a feast. Requires AP out the ass.

Morzas

11-15-2009

I've only played Cho'Gath once, so I'd be willing to test this out. Guess I'll try trolling the practice games. T-Force is probably a good item to build for early with its improved Sheen effect and attack speed bonus.

nekitamo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-15-2009

I tried it out, doesn't work too well. The burst damage from an AP build is more effective.

keftes

Recruiter

11-16-2009

I dislike people that play tanks with dps/AP items.Especially when my team has no other tank.If you want to play a carry or a nuker roll a real one.Dont let people think they have a tank in the team and then end up realising all they got is wanabe dpser that wont initiate any battles.

Voidgolem

11-16-2009

Cho'Gath actually does insane when loaded with AP items. DPS I dunno about (since I don't really play as DPSers that much), but between vorpal spike damage, feast, and Rupture's 1:1 ratio, he can really put the hurt on.

keftes

Recruiter

11-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
Cho'Gath actually does insane when loaded with AP items. DPS I dunno about (since I don't really play as DPSers that much), but between vorpal spike damage, feast, and Rupture's 1:1 ratio, he can really put the hurt on.
If you see your team has no tank and you still decide to play cho as dps you're doing ti wrong.

Voidgolem

11-16-2009

If you're dying frequently as AP cho'gath, you're doing it wrong. Feast gives you more health than you really need unless you do something stupid like wade into the enemy team without using Rupture first.

*shrug*

But go ahead and doubt me. Eh.

TheSacrifice

11-16-2009

...I never said anything about DPS/AP items. I didn't suggest Trinity because I don't think that'd work too well. His cooldowns are too long to fully take advantage of it. I tried out the build I suggested for all of my games last night and I often carried my team. Think of it this way guys:

With level 5 Vorpal Spikes and an attack speed of 2.5, assuming the target has no magic resistance, you'd deal 300 damage in 2 seconds. So that's 150 DPS from just having good attack speed and level 5 Vorpal. Now, when you throw in the damage from your items and your natural damage, you ought to be tearing anyone down, regardless of how they're built.

I just want to say I didn't post this to be told how to play Cho'gath, I don't want to hear about his AP build. Why? BECAUSE I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT IT. AP Chog was how I originally built him, even before his Feast got a ratio. I got bored yesterday and decided to try an entirely new build on him and, for the most part, it has yet to really fail me. Maybe it's my playstyle, I don't know. I DO know that my losses as AS Chog right now come from feeding teammates. If you're going to try this build out, please use these items in this order:

Dagger
Health Pot
Zerker's
Malady
Wit's End (I'm going to be trying 2x Bloodrazor soon, to see if it does more DPS than with Wit's End. Really though, the mana burn is very helpful.)
Bloodrazor

Past this point, the game is normally over due to some team surrendering.