A Day in Bandle City ((Open RP))

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CoreOfBandleCity

09-08-2012

After writing some notes, Core decided to go take a walk. Despite Bandle City being his hometown, he never actually took in the sights. Mostly because he was always out doing jobs in the other city states, or training in his own arts. Even though he was lost in thought for a mere moment, he found himself standing in front of Blomgrun's.

He only ever met the blacksmith once, back when Core's father was still alive. He vaguely recalls the two talking of weapons, and the mentioning of an augment for the bowglove he once wore. He didn't remember much after that, but it didn't phase him. As he was about to continue walking, he thought that he'd take a look inside. It has been years since he last saw the place on the inside.

Core cautiously approached the door to the smithy and carefully opened it. He peered around the corner and saw things were a little out of order. As he looked around the room, the door behind him closed loudly, nearly making him jump.

Iron Ambássador

09-08-2012

Poppy blinks at the loud closing of the door, quickly standing up. She walks over to the sidedoor into the room with the forge, neither having her armor nor Whomper with her. She looks into the room and sees Core.

"May I help you with something?"

She steps into the room, looking at the mess of unfinished projects before continuing.

"Apologies for the mess, I have not had time to finish what my father left unfinished because of his.... untimely demise."

Her pose was quite relaxed and calm, a lot more welcoming and friendly looking than what most are used to seeing of her on the fields.

CoreOfBandleCity

09-08-2012

"Oh...Ambassador. I didn't mean to intrude," he started. "I just wanted to take a look around, for I've not been in this place since I was young."

He walked over to a table and brushed some dust off of it, uncovering some old schematics of projects that never came to be.

"I'm sorry about your father.." he stated quietly, "but, umm... think you can help me look for something? Back when I was little, my father took me here. It was when my father commissioned yours to build this."

Core unlatched his bowglove from his arm and wrist and placed it down on the table.

"I don't remember if my father ever commissioned for extra augmentations...but I do know they talked of it. Think your father still has the schematics around here somewhere?"

A small, hopeful look crossed Core's face as he looked at Poppy.

Iron Ambássador

09-08-2012

Poppy looks as Core brushes dust off the table, it having gathered since she last was here. She thinks for a moment before walking to a drawer which looks out of place in the room, opening it to reveal a few folders of papers, having organized some of the orders after his father's passing. She looks at the bowglove, turning to Core.

"What is this creation called? And what was your father's name? I have these organized alphabetically, so names would help the search."

Core would notice his hands turning black from coal dust as he brushed the table, having floated down to the table last time Poppy was here and smithing. Poppy suddenly remembers leaving Whomper in the other room, but does not expect Core to do anything that she couldn't handle if he turned out to be hostile, very rare amongst yordle kind.

CoreOfBandleCity

09-08-2012

"Hatle...Hatle Razrello. And as for the name of the weapon..." Core trailed as he picked it back up and turned to the underside. He stared at it for a moment, running a dust covered finger over the engraving.

"Legacy."

Core placed the weapon back down on the table and looked back up at Poppy, his hopeful look changed into a more remorseful one.

Iron Ambássador

09-08-2012

Poppy nods and goes through the files, searching first with the name, coming up with nothing and turning to the project name. Finding the right file, she picks it up and closes the drawer. She walks to Core and opens the file on the table, showing the original schematics for the weapon and it's parts.

"Feel free to look through these. If you require my help, you can find me in the living room through the door at the side."

She walks over to the living room again, sitting down on the couch and looking around, smiling slightly at memories from her childhood in the smithy.

CoreOfBandleCity

09-08-2012

Core gave a nod at Poppy before she left the room. His attention then turned to the schematics that lay before him. He glanced over everything that was written. He eventually came across a note about augments. There was something that was discussed, but never finalized. An automatic chamber system, one that would work like a six-shooter revolver. He shook his head at the idea and proceeded to the door that Poppy walked through.

He walked into the room and sat in an easy chair across from Poppy.

"Thank you."

Iron Ambássador

09-08-2012

Poppy looks at Core as he enters again. Her expression turns to the usual serious as she breaks away from her memories.

"You are welcome. It is good that my father's old files are of some use. I do not have enough free time to finish all the commissions for a long time."

She sighs, lying down on the couch again. She stares at the ceiling for a while wordlessly before turning to look at Core again.

"Do you require anything more?"

CoreOfBandleCity

09-08-2012

He calmly shook his head.

"No..I just wanted some closure on that old weapon. It's funny. I never wanted to follow in my old mans footsteps..yet, he bested me before I even realized it."

He slouched in the easy chair, relaxing.

"My father was in the Scouts, and he wanted me to join when I was of age. I detest the military, to be honest. Conflicts can be resolved by words alone, not by who has the bigger gun or sword or whatever. I became a sailor. Not for the Navy, just for cargo. After my life changed...after my old man died...the only thing he left for me was that weapon. His 'legacy.'"

He closed his eyes and sighed a little.

Iron Ambássador

09-08-2012

"Indeed... things can be resolved by words. I should know as an Ambassador. But sometimes words are not enough..."

Poppy stands up and walks to her old bedroom, grabbing Whomper with one hand and leans it against her shoulder as she walks out again.

"Sometimes... more drastic measures are necessary. If I would get my hands on those assassins that killed my father..."

Anger suddenly is visible in her eyes and her grip on Whomper tightens.

"They would know the true meaning of Hammer Diplomacy."