Why do people undervalue the roamer/ capper? so much?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeartlessXiao

09-11-2012

I get tons of hate from my team about playing BD Zilean, calling for reports, trolling, etc.

It's not a 4v5 if 1-3 people from the enemy team are constantly chasing me around the map. I don't see how it's so hard to grasp that all you have to do is win the 4v3 or the 3v2.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2012

Well little Jimmy! that's because in blind pick, which means : Non-coordinated teams, everyone expects a 'pull your own weight' type of game and not 'If that moron were at the fight and not running around being useless, we could have held that point and not have lost it only for him to neutralize theirs before running away' type scenario.

lbgsloan

09-11-2012

It's generally common courtesy to tell your random blind pick teammates when you're doing something unusual. If the top team is not built to deal with a possible 3v4 because they didn't know it going to be 3v4, people tend to get upset.

DaRatmastah

09-11-2012

When do you usually play? Send me an invite in game and we can duo queue, that should ease some of your woes.

FDru

09-11-2012

Because BD is a risky strategy that requires the entire team to build around you, and requires the enemy team be pretty dumb to work.

MMKH

09-11-2012

Usually BD or flowchart is my last resort.

NavyGothic

09-11-2012

Yeah, BD is a viable strat, but your team needs to know about it and be willing to accommodate you. If the team doesn't want to play BD and you just instalock Zilean anyway, you're the one at fault here.

FDA

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartlessXiao View Post
I get tons of hate from my team about playing BD Zilean, calling for reports, trolling, etc.

It's not a 4v5 if 1-3 people from the enemy team are constantly chasing me around the map. I don't see how it's so hard to grasp that all you have to do is win the 4v3 or the 3v2.
Most of the time 1-3 people are chasing you its because they just aced your team and need something to do. Either that or they'r bad.

LordofNarf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2012

BD Zilean also only works if the enemy team fails to coordinate at all. The strategy is really easily countered by having an enemy team champ follow Zilean around the map, disrupting caps. It turns the game into a 4v4 overall. If they aren't coordinated, you can get excessive responses to backdooring, and give your team a numbers advantage, but it's not common.

Also, most people who think backcapping is a good strategy do it poorly, and overcommit to capping/neutralizing points, and die a lot, which gives the enemy team a numbers advantage and makes the entire game a 4v5, against Zilean's team.

HaIfhearted

09-11-2012

POOTERSS Zilean works extremely well in lower elos. I would say anything below 1600 is fair game.

But I won a game yesterday where our team was running a *triple* POOT strat with Zil, Rammus, and Janna.
We won. It was hilarious.

I was 2.2k elo at my highest back when we could check, and the premade I was rolling with had a few guys who were higher, so it's still a valid strategy at higher levels of play.