Which mode do people play?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Commensal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-11-2012

I usually play blind pick, but have taken a recent interest in playing draft mode. My first match in draft mode took 13 minutes to find, and my next 30.

Is this normal for everyone? Does no one play draft mode?

HaIfhearted

09-11-2012

Sadly, draft mode right now is pretty much dead, due to the removal of the dodge penalty awhile back causing people to mass-dodge draft to death whenever even the slightest thing went wrong with their teamcomp.

Thankfully, it seems someone at Riot figured out what was blocking the dodge penalty, so it will hopefully be re-implemented within the next patch or 2.

If/when the Dominion dodge penalty is reinstated, I expect draft to begin making a recovery.

Commensal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-11-2012

Ah okay, that makes sense. Thanks!

TCWA Tigerbite

09-12-2012

Hell, blind pick takes forever. So, if they fix the dodge penalty, it will take 5-10 minutes to find a game in either mode. T_T

WaterD103

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWA Tigerbite View Post
Hell, blind pick takes forever. So, if they fix the dodge penalty, it will take 5-10 minutes to find a game in either mode. T_T
What do you mean by forever?

Lindre

09-12-2012

I'm definitely going to give Draft a try once they reinstate the dodge penalty. Blind pick sucks.

OxBaker

09-12-2012

Problem is that now that everyone has left draft it will never pick up again as people may sporadically go back to try it after they fix the dodge penalty but then when they encounter the +15min wait time they won't continue to try more than a round or two before going back to blind pick. It'll be tough for RIOT to ever get it back to a usable state at this point.

67chrome

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBaker View Post
Problem is that now that everyone has left draft it will never pick up again as people may sporadically go back to try it after they fix the dodge penalty but then when they encounter the +15min wait time they won't continue to try more than a round or two before going back to blind pick. It'll be tough for RIOT to ever get it back to a usable state at this point.
I'm sure if they added Ranked for Dominion and offered a season reward lots of people would start playing it, especially if they kicked it off in a new season.

naotasan

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Sadly, draft mode right now is pretty much dead, due to the removal of the dodge penalty awhile back causing people to mass-dodge draft to death whenever even the slightest thing went wrong with their teamcomp.

Thankfully, it seems someone at Riot figured out what was blocking the dodge penalty, so it will hopefully be re-implemented within the next patch or 2.

If/when the Dominion dodge penalty is reinstated, I expect draft to begin making a recovery.
I wonder if the shock paddle will work.