Do you think fixing Trundle's technical issues would make him OP?

Yes 79 7.89%
No 632 63.14%
Maybe/Don't know 290 28.97%
Voters: 1001. You may not vote on this poll

@Riot: Would fixing Trundle's technical issues make him overpowered?

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 18
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yousonerfed

09-07-2012

Just like how I'm asking this question about Tristana's technical issues, I've decided to ask this about Trundle as well.

We all know the problem: the recovery times on his Rabid Bite and Contaminate skills are really bad, actually hurting his DPS in late-game situations when his attack speed is higher. This issue might seem benign to some, but to pros, it can be debilitating for the troll when compared against other jungle fighters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyST View Post
The animation for Contaminate and Agony both have really cumbersome start up times that make it difficult to chase and stick to people.
Another major issue. Thanks FreakyST.

However, there's a lot of people opposed to giving Trundle any kind of fixes or buffs because they're of the opinion that "Trundle is fine". If that's so, how come he's such a rare pick? (If you don't believe me, you can check out sites like lolking.net.)

So Riot, what's keeping you from giving the Cursed Troll a tune-up? Is it really fear that he'll shift into OP territory (like Rumble did)? I honestly doubt that'll happen.

Yousonerfed

09-07-2012

=_= community ignore...

SavageMinnow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2012

I actually wasn't aware of this, OP. I've never gotten much attack speed on him, pretty much his base + contaminate + Triforce and that's it. I didn't think you'd typically have more than that? Or is this problem present with only that and I've simply missed it since I don't play him all that much?

Also, don't call your thread ignored after just a few minutes. A decent response takes about that long to think of, write, and check for errors. Give it at least 10 (That's generally how I do it, at any rate.)

A Swarm of Koala

09-07-2012

Trundle is one of the few champions that I know basically nothing about, so my feedback is useless here.
So have a bump.

Yousonerfed

09-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageMinnow View Post
I actually wasn't aware of this, OP. I've never gotten much attack speed on him, pretty much his base + contaminate + Triforce and that's it. I didn't think you'd typically have more than that? Or is this problem present with only that and I've simply missed it since I don't play him all that much?

Also, don't call your thread ignored after just a few minutes. A decent response takes about that long to think of, write, and check for errors. Give it at least 10 (That's generally how I do it, at any rate.)
I've had the issue with just his base, masteries, AS quints, his W and a Trinity. It can be sometimes hard to notice, but it's definitely there. You notice it more if an ally gives you an AS boost.

Evilcopter

09-07-2012

I think it might, but I want to see him get buffed. He needs it a lot more than most other champions.

tenrel

09-07-2012

probably not. id like for riot to play with his Q numbers, stealing more AD from people probably wouldn't break him.

SavageMinnow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2012

In any case, I don't think that a minor animation timing fix to his Q would push him into OP territory. As he is, he's currently considered a slightly lower than average pick, from what I can gather. A relatively minor DPS increase in his lategame would hardly push him over the top when he's nowhere near it currently.

Slayke

09-07-2012

trundle could definitely use some QoL changes. He used to be my favorite jungler but he just doesn't bring enough to the table anymore. I don't know what it would take to bring him up to par, but some lategame scaling would definitely help.

Wiksy

Associate Software Engineer

09-07-2012
1 of 5 Riot Posts

Can you explain it a bit more about the recovery times?

1234511 ... 18