Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AMA About Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DG TheFeedski

Recruiter

09-07-2012

Hello everyone,

I am the founder of the site DominateDominion (http://www.dominatedominion.com), have been number 6 in Dominion ELO worldwide (when it was viewable), just got put on Riot's featured streamer portal (http://competitive.na.leagueoflegends.com/streamer/dominatedominion), and I am here to answer any questions you may have about Dominion! I know it's not played too much competitively (or at all) outside of our small Dominion community, and I feel a big part of that is because of misconceptions about the map, so I am here to try and change that! Have any Dominion questions? Let me know and i'll answer them!

To The Mods: Please, PLEASE don't move this thread to the Dominion forum! I am a big Dominion advocate, and I am trying to expose the truth behind your mode, if you move this thread to the Dominion sub-forum, it will only be seen by the current Dominion community, and we are trying to grow that! After all, Summoners Rift topics are allowed here, why isn't Dominion?

EDIT: The questions seemed to have slowed but I still check this thread multiple times a day. If you have a question, i'm still here to answer!

EDIT 2: As requested, I will add this question/reply to the first post.

Quote:
naotasan:
Here's something I've always wanted to know, what gave you the idea to start the DD community?

I actually just got done writing a short Biography about DD for Riot, so i'll post that here.

"On September 26th, 2011 Riot released a new map that brought a refreshing twist to the MOBA genre, Dominion. Less than a month after its release, DominateDominion.com was founded by TheFeedski; an avid Dominion player and supporter. With the intention to search for others that took the map seriously, it began primarily as a forum for easy communication. Once the community matured and established the current meta, we formed the belief that there is spot in Esports for Dominion. We added a guide section so players could share their successful builds, a live stream section so others could watch Dominion and learn how it's played, and are now currently hosting the only weekly Dominion tournaments in North-America. The games are shoutcasted and streamed every week, and the best part is, it's free to enter! We are constantly adding new features and aim to provide Dominion players with the best resources and knowledge to dominate Dominion."

Basically I started the site to find a group of other serious Dominion players to play with, but then got REALLY into Dominion and I wanted to try to help it grow by providing a platform where people can share information, builds, etc.

Nullbringer

09-07-2012

Do you like POOTERS?

DG TheFeedski

Recruiter

09-07-2012

Quote:
Nullbringer:
Do you like POOTERS?

Hehe, as a person? Of course, he's very positive! Playing against him? Hell no! He is very annoying to play against, you constantly need someone on "Pooters duty". For those of you who do not know, Pooters in known in the Dominion community for his back dooring Zilean. Where he literally back doors ALL game. Here is a video from a past tournament (http://youtu.be/XsAgUzXLk7o) he played in if anyone is interested in seeing how he plays.

Mothermoy

09-07-2012

What steps to you think need to be taken to allow dominion to be taken more seriously by the community at large. Do you think its even possible to dominion to reach the "summoners rift" category, and not fall back down into the "twisted tree line" void.....

HawtPockets

09-07-2012

I love playing Dominion (though my"ELO" is very low). My favorite champion to play is Fiddlesticks, but I notice that on Sauron's tier lists, Fiddle often rounds out the lower tiers.

Do you have any advice on how I can play him well enough to match up against "better" picks or higher tier champs?

DG TheFeedski

Recruiter

09-07-2012

Quote:
Mothermoy:
What steps to you think need to be taken to allow dominion to be taken more seriously by the community at large. Do you think its even possible to dominion to reach the "summoners rift" category, and not fall back down into the "twisted tree line" void.....

What steps need to be taken by the community at large? To start, the community needs to be more open minded. A lot of people still go around saying "Dominion takes no skill. blah blah blah." and think they have the map figured out, but only have 10 games played.

People also have to stop expecting they will do well if they bring SR tactics to Dominion. It's a different map with a different meta.

As for Riot, they could do a few minor things to improve the map themselves (fix a few broken champions), which I hope is coming since they just hired a team for non-SR maps, and Nome (along with many other Rioters) frequent the DominateDominion in game chat and get a feel for what players think is wrong with the map.

Do I think Dominion will reach the SR point? That really depends. I think it has the potential to, but you never know. There is an article on Team Dignitas's site (http://www.team-dignitas.net/articles/blogs/Article/1111/What-makes-a-good-modern-esport/) talking about what games need to be an Esport, and I think Dominion has all of them.
  • Ease of viewing the game. - I believe Dominion definitely offers that.
  • Ease of access to the game - Dominion is free just like SR, so it offers that.
  • Aesthetic desirability. - League still has that.
  • Global appeal and popularity of the game. - League has the popularity, now it's up to the community to decide whether or not they enjoy the map enough to want it to grow. Personally, I think the map is more fun to watch than SR, but I know everyone differs. I enjoy the action-packed battles and don't enjoy the laneing phase, but some people do enjoy the laneing phase, so SR is for those kind of people.

DG TheFeedski

Recruiter

09-07-2012

Quote:
HawtPockets:
I love playing Dominion (though my"ELO" is very low). My favorite champion to play is Fiddlesticks, but I notice that on Sauron's tier lists, Fiddle often rounds out the lower tiers.

Do you have any advice on how I can play him well enough to match up against "better" picks or higher tier champs?

In my opinion, fiddle isn't horrible, but definitely not one of the strongest picks in Dominion. Because he is very dependent on his ultimate, you need to work well with your team and land some nice ultis to be effective. Other than his ultimate, he is squishy, doesn't have escapes, and is pretty slow, so if anyone gets to you, you're going to be dead, unless you build somewhat tanky. His ultimate cool down is 130 on max level too, which isn't the best.

MoonsBane

Recruiter

09-07-2012

Do you think revive is becoming a problem in dominion? I was hovering ~1.9k when we could see the dominion Elo. Off and on i'll see 4 or 5 revives per game, sometimes everyone having revive. it's almost becoming the team with more revives is the one that wins and there's no counter play involved in this =/.

DG TheFeedski

Recruiter

09-07-2012

Quote:
MoonsBane:
Do you think revive is becoming a problem in dominion? I was hovering ~1.9k when we could see the dominion Elo. Off and on i'll see 4 or 5 revives per game, sometimes everyone having revive. it's almost becoming the team with more revives is the one that wins and there's no counter play involved in this =/.

I wouldn't call it a problem. I would call it a META forming. Revive is to Dominion as flash is to Summoner's Rift. Flash is taken 90% of the time on Summoner's Rift because it's a great spell for it. Same thing goes for Dominion. Because it's a map about controlling nodes, it's wiser to take a spell that gets you back on the battle field to capture/defense those nodes than to take a spell that will help you win a single battle. However, a lot of people just take revive and use it immediately when they die, which shouldn't always be the case. Revive is good, but use it correctly and it's great.

Aloretec

09-07-2012

My friends suck at Dom. How do I get them to stop sucking at it? They're okay on SR.

Edit-I thought I should add more. They seem to believe there is no such thing as team comp and feel the need to go for the forth point for no reason. They also don't seem to understand minions cap points.