Idea for Heimerdinger!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Macademics

09-07-2012

OK so I love heimerdinger but he's bad overall. I hate to say it but he is. It's so hard to get kills against any decent player in lane. So you have to camp jungles to actually be effective. So later in the game when you basically HAVE to fight in lane at some point. So here's my idea to help make him a little more viable and not just a troll/fun pick. It would basically be what it already is except it makes his turrets FOCUS CHAMPIONS OVER MINIONS NO MATTER THE RANGE. Also his rockets focus champions over minions (only while his ult is active of course.) and his grenades AoE is ALL stun not just blind. (basically if they were in range to get blinded by it it stuns in instead of blind again only while the ult is active.) You could take the increased travel speed of the grenade if you add idea i just gave. AND show the scaling AP on his turrets a little love, Lol just a little. Anyway sorry if someone else made a thread with the same ideas before. =/ not a very big forums person. So PLEASE riot consider these changes or make some of you own just make heimer a little more viable PLEASEEEE.

DungeonBob

09-07-2012

I think by improving his ability to engage champions they can make him a bit more fun to play. I think they could probably do it by simply making his turrets prioritize champions - increase the range of turrets very slightly and I mean barely - I think the longest ranged champs should be able to hit them (see: Caitlyn) but shorter range champs should be taking a turret blast in the face but they can destroy it.

#1 Way to Fix Heimer = have his missiles and his turrets prioritize champions over minions to attack.

Macademics

09-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonBob View Post
I think by improving his ability to engage champions they can make him a bit more fun to play. I think they could probably do it by simply making his turrets prioritize champions - increase the range of turrets very slightly and I mean barely - I think the longest ranged champs should be able to hit them (see: Caitlyn) but shorter range champs should be taking a turret blast in the face but they can destroy it.

#1 Way to Fix Heimer = have his missiles and his turrets prioritize champions over minions to attack.

That's basically what i said but just all the time not just while his ult is active. As awesome as that would be personally i think that would make him way to strong in lane. Cause he's already a strong laner just lacks the same skills out of lane. Also i just want his ult to make his turrets/rockets focus champions cause i dunno how many times I've had someone down to 1 rocket hit left and i shoot them but they go for minions over the champions. -_- so annoying.

Macademics

09-13-2012

Bump =)

Raravis

09-13-2012

I feel like champion prioritization of the rockets would be a bit too over powered. They're instantaneous and require no skill shot. The turrets definitely could use some better AI though. However, I don't know if champion prioritization would be the best idea.

Macademics

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raravis View Post
I feel like champion prioritization of the rockets would be a bit too over powered. They're instantaneous and require no skill shot. The turrets definitely could use some better AI though. However, I don't know if champion prioritization would be the best idea.
They only focus champions WHILE his ult is active with good CDR you can fire off 2 sets of rockets if you time it right. Anyway i'm just suggesting they make them target champions WHILE the ult is active. I agree if they ALWAYS went for champions that would be pretty op. And yes his turrets DEFIANTLY need some work.

anvilofdoom

09-14-2012

Heim rework:
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/07...rk-leaked.html

Note that this is not final and may most likely change

Evolnemesis

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvilofdoom View Post
Heim rework:

'

If it's even actually happening at all, for all we know these notes were only being discussed on DW forums back in July and that version of Heimer never even got made or tested. We really have no official word on the rework since March when Riot said they stopped working on it to work on new champs.

Macademics

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvilofdoom View Post
Heim rework:

Well that's pretty cool. I dunno how to feel about the rocket change or the turrets bonus attack. (If they actually went with those exact ideas.)

But for the sake of asking, What do you guys think of my idea to make heimerdinger a little more viable?

Evolnemesis

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddymikey3 View Post
Well that's pretty cool. I dunno how to feel about the rocket change or the turrets bonus attack. (If they actually went with those exact ideas.)

But for the sake of asking, What do you guys think of my idea to make heimerdinger a little more viable?
The bonus attack thing on the turret looks like they want to make the turrets do more damage and be more effective in fights, without making them too much stronger as farming tools or in lane... it's kind of cool I think. Because they have that range and come out almost fully charged, and also get charged when he throws a grenade anywhere near them, it will be a lot harder for the enemy to just get out of range or blow them up before they do anything. It won't matter how squishy they are in a fight if they can get out a huge chunk of their damage right away, the shorter machine gun range is only a concern for heimer when he wants to keep turrets around somewhere farming... during any actual fight, they effectively have longer range than before, and he can still stand so that if you want to get close they will keep hitting you too.

This also lets them make changes that make his turrets less overpowering and less capable of defending themselves in lane without really sacrificing late-game power... It will make Heimer actually have to work to defend them more, and reward good turret placement more.