The Training Grounds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaze no Yasuo

02-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
"There are some that say forging a blade with your own willpower is impossible, and yet I do that every day on the fields." She looked to her weapon and trailed the edge of it with a finger. "There are also those who say that surviving a chemical bombardment, like the one that took my family from me, was also impossible. Yet, here I stand..." She looked to the swordsman with her amber eyes. "In Noxus, our goals are only as impossible as we allow them to be. Where there is a will, and great strength, there is, and always shall be, a way to make your goals come to fruition. That is the promise of Noxus to all her children." Her gaze returned to her blade as Yasuo began to discuss his blade and her own.

"It is not the blade that gives a blade its identity, but the person wielding it. A great weapon is nothing without the person to swing it." She closed her eyes and sighed, the faint breeze of the area weaving itself through the strands of her silvery bangs. The faint sound of the blade singing its own song was heard, and Riven smiled faintly. "Your blade sings through the air, and at your touch. Your hand trembles, you know. Never is a hand perfectly steady. Those small motions extend to the blade, and it resonates with the power of its owner." She opened her eyes and hefted her own blade up, inspecting the cutting edge.

"We do not differentiate between the sword and the wielder in Noxus. Working together is what makes them strong. My blade has an identity. It was to be given to the greatest spirit in Noxus, the one who embodied everything that made Noxus strong, what it was. It was meant to be a gift of great significance, a symbol, if you will, of Noxus itself..." Her eyes softened as she looked over the weapon, almost as a mother might look at a child. "How fitting for it to have shattered... But, like my blade, Noxus, too, can be reforged, reformed, brought back to the strength it has lost." She bowed her head to touch the thickness of the blade, and the single rune glowed faintly, again closing her eyes.

"My blade, my goals, everything are one... I am my goals, this blade is my will, and we symbolize the strength of Noxus that has been broken. When both my blade and myself are reforged, Noxus shall be as well."
Yasuo shrugged, "It's more of a cultural thing. I would not expect you to understand," he sighed. "You have your beliefs, and I have mine. But, I believe we have more in common than I had originally thought... Which is unusual since my beliefs are not usually shared by some of my fellow Ionians. I was too individualistic, if you could put it that way."

"In the moment of its greatest despair, when all hope was lost, humanity chose to believe in the impossible," Yasuo quoted. "It came from a story that I read when I was a nothing but a young child. What is impossible for some people is nothing more than difficult for others. People like you... and me."

CALEB THEBADDEST

02-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperDriveX View Post
"Oh but of course! Shall we take this to the Sparring Grounds then?" He said with a small grin spreading across his face. But a fear had started to envelop his mind as he thought of exactly how powerful his soon to be opponent could be.

A slight gulp emitted from his throat as he raised himself to a stand, throwing up his arms and stretching slightly. Groaning softly as he did so. Letting his arms fall to his sides after he finished his stretch. "I shall see you there m'lady. Unless you wish to walk there together?" He inquired as he started to turn and walk off towards the Sparring grounds.
Lillith smiles "See ya there" she says dissapearing in a wave of flames.

Kaze no Yasuo

02-21-2014

((Bump))

Ask Riven

02-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze no Yasuo View Post
Yasuo shrugged, "It's more of a cultural thing. I would not expect you to understand," he sighed. "You have your beliefs, and I have mine. But, I believe we have more in common than I had originally thought... Which is unusual since my beliefs are not usually shared by some of my fellow Ionians. I was too individualistic, if you could put it that way."

"In the moment of its greatest despair, when all hope was lost, humanity chose to believe in the impossible," Yasuo quoted. "It came from a story that I read when I was a nothing but a young child. What is impossible for some people is nothing more than difficult for others. People like you... and me."
"It seems we share many similarities..." Riven sighed. "It's a real shame that we are forced to be enemies. I cannot achieve my goals without continuing along that road, and you cannot regain what you lost without ending my journey..." She glanced to the swordsman. "Either way, both of us suffer no matter who wins in the end. Life is certainly more often cruel than it is kind."

Kaze no Yasuo

02-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
"It seems we share many similarities..." Riven sighed. "It's a real shame that we are forced to be enemies. I cannot achieve my goals without continuing along that road, and you cannot regain what you lost without ending my journey..." She glanced to the swordsman. "Either way, both of us suffer no matter who wins in the end. Life is certainly more often cruel than it is kind."
"Riven," Yasuo stated evenly as his eyes take on a steely look, "if simply killing you would have made everything right again, then you would already be dead," there is not a single trace of humor in Yasuo's voice. "If redeeming myself was as simple as that, then I would have done so long ago. Yet here I am, unforgiven by myself and others. Would killing you solve anything? No, it would only make things worse, judging by the many people are willing to fight and die for you."

"I do not know what to think of you, Riven. There is a part of me that hates you, a part of me that envies you, and now there is a part of me that understands you. We may become enemies in the end, but nobody is capable of predicting the wind's flow. It can be changed, it can be molded, but it cannot be truly controlled. We both follow the roads of our lives to the end, no matter where it takes us. We may clash or we may walk side by side, but the future cannot be truly predicted."

"But know this Riven, I may be able to understand you, but I do not think I will be able to forgive you or myself. I certainly will not forget what either of us has done. But know this, fixating on your own suffering will not get anything done. Fixating on your mistakes will not solve anything. Accept your sins, and move on. That is what I learned long ago," Yasuo replied.

Kaze no Yasuo

02-25-2014

((Bump))

Ask Riven

02-25-2014

Quote:
"Riven," Yasuo stated evenly as his eyes take on a steely look, "if simply killing you would have made everything right again, then you would already be dead," there is not a single trace of humor in Yasuo's voice. "If redeeming myself was as simple as that, then I would have done so long ago. Yet here I am, unforgiven by myself and others. Would killing you solve anything? No, it would only make things worse, judging by the many people are willing to fight and die for you."

"I do not know what to think of you, Riven. There is a part of me that hates you, a part of me that envies you, and now there is a part of me that understands you. We may become enemies in the end, but nobody is capable of predicting the wind's flow. It can be changed, it can be molded, but it cannot be truly controlled. We both follow the roads of our lives to the end, no matter where it takes us. We may clash or we may walk side by side, but the future cannot be truly predicted."

"But know this Riven, I may be able to understand you, but I do not think I will be able to forgive you or myself. I certainly will not forget what either of us has done. But know this, fixating on your own suffering will not get anything done. Fixating on your mistakes will not solve anything. Accept your sins, and move on. That is what I learned long ago," Yasuo replied.
"Were it so easy..." Riven sighed and shook her head. If doing everything Yasuo had said was as easy as saying it, she would have already done it. But, some wounds were too deep to heal, and accepting that part of herself, knowing she had the capacity to do such horrible, unspeakable things at all was simply too hard a task, and it continued to fester in the back of her mind.

"Anyway, I feel our meeting has been...enlightening." Riven looked to the samurai. "I am glad I decided to meet you face to face."

Kaze no Yasuo

03-13-2014

Yasuo nodded slowly in response, "Our meeting was necessary but I found it... enjoyable," Yasuo sheathed Muramasa in a fluid motion before he turned to leave. "I will leave you with two things to think about. One: Your greatest enemy is not Swain, nor the old Noxus you seek to usurp. Your greatest enemy is ... yourself, Riven. Conquer yourself and your past, and you will be able to walk your path free from the restraints that you impose upon yourself. Secondly, I can hear your blade Riven, it has forsaken its name but it still remembers it. The name of your blade is Ciriel, an old Valoran spirit of Strength and Valor, as I recall correctly."

((Ciriel, sometimes known as Zeruel, is an Angel that assisted David when he fought against Goliath. I thought it might be fitting, given exactly what Riven is trying to do.))

Grievous77

03-13-2014

Scar entered the training grounds. He would practice strength more, but knew that his mind needed help, after all. The mind is the strongest weapon. He went towards the outdoor meditation ground and sat. His eyes closed being in synch with the area. Trying to forget the past and concentrate. His tail swishing rapidly the harder he pushed.

Ask Riven

03-13-2014

Quote:
Yasuo nodded slowly in response, "Our meeting was necessary but I found it... enjoyable," Yasuo sheathed Muramasa in a fluid motion before he turned to leave. "I will leave you with two things to think about. One: Your greatest enemy is not Swain, nor the old Noxus you seek to usurp. Your greatest enemy is ... yourself, Riven. Conquer yourself and your past, and you will be able to walk your path free from the restraints that you impose upon yourself. Secondly, I can hear your blade Riven, it has forsaken its name but it still remembers it. The name of your blade is Ciriel, an old Valoran spirit of Strength and Valor, as I recall correctly."
"The Truest Opponent Lies Within." Riven recited the words that were carved into the doors above the Hall of Judgement. Every champion had taken the test, and all had passed it. She knew her true enemy. He past, her actions, herself... Yasuo's words were nothing new, but they were a solid reminder of why she was here, and what she faced. "I haven't forgotten..."

She lifted a brow at the man's second comment before she scoffed somewhat. A spiritual name for something so easily tangible was strange indeed. She quickly placed no stock in the man's claims. After all, how could he claim to understand something he had never truly felt... She sighed and closed her eyes, faintly shaking her head.

"I have always known the name, the calling, of my blade, Swordsman..." She opened her eyes, her gaze drifting to the shattered, broken remnant in her grip, a faint smile crossing her lips. "It's name is Noxus..." With her final words, she turned to leave the grounds as well.

"Take care until we meet again, Swordsman." She glanced to him. "I imagine our next duel will be quite grand."