buying Rengar??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NYSkate

09-06-2012

I've been playing rengar and have been trying to jungle with him( i'm new to jungleing too)
and have been not doing to good so i forced to bot lane this one game and used him as ap and was able to do really well, so I've been using him in lanes and hes actually not as bad as people say, and i was wondering if anyone who actually plays him could give me advice before buying him? or is he even worth it?
or any other suggestions on buys?

XeeXi

09-06-2012

In my opinion Rengar is a good champ, but a pretty bad jungler. I've never jungled with him, but most people go solo top as Rengar, sine they have those bushes there.

XeeXi

09-06-2012

Oops posted twice, sorry...

Sir Geoffers

09-06-2012

I wouldn't suggest building AP Rengar since only one of his skills scale on AP and the skill (in my opinion) is better used for the Armor/MR boost. Like Xee said, you should try Rengar out at solo top and see how it goes. He has some great early damage, so if you're able to get a double Q off of your opponent, it's a great way to harass them.

NYSkate

09-06-2012

yeah ive been using combinations of QQ and WQQ early game i havent gotten solo top yet but i dneed to try solo top

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2012

He's currently not very good.

As to AP Rengar, it's a one-trick build that lets you DFG > W > W out of stealth and instagib an enemy carry, and becomes completely useless if the enemy team buys oracle's.

NYSkate

09-07-2012

bump

Angusthedead

09-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSkate View Post
I've been playing rengar and have been trying to jungle with him( i'm new to jungleing too)
and have been not doing to good so i forced to bot lane this one game and used him as ap and was able to do really well, so I've been using him in lanes and hes actually not as bad as people say, and i was wondering if anyone who actually plays him could give me advice before buying him? or is he even worth it?
or any other suggestions on buys?
In my opinion rengar is a waste of $10. I've laned and jungled with him. At first i was good but then i started realizing things about rengar that infuriated me. For one his Q doesn't work sometimes and i die in the process, his E used to have the same problem but that's fixed, He sometimes doesnt jump out of the bushes when im clearly in range, and over all hes just really easily countered and overwheilmed by just about any Champ If he doesn't get that first jump. Plus personally i think he deserves a better ultimate. To me it looks like Riot made him more of a carry where if he doesn't get those kills, hes a liability and wouldn't change any outcome of the game if he just would go afk. You COULD say that maybe im just a noob or something but i legitimately looks up his build, thought of my own ways to better him, countless hours of research aaaaand nothing. sounds more like a "if your lucky" situation. He's Broken, needs improvement, don't bother, just go buy darius, jax or something.

Xtrordinari

09-10-2012

Darius is broken..why would you suggest getting a different broken champion after whining about Regnar being broken?

Angusthedead

09-12-2012

I was only making a better suggestion. besides Darius is fine, he can rock heads. His ult?! please he can destroy, not if hes targeted thought (which he is). Nevertheless, if we're talking about who's more broken, the reward would have to go to Rengar, i do agree Darius' ult is mechanically ehhhh, but buy Rengar and you'll see what i mean when i say, "waste of $10".