Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jax vs Akali

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mantler

09-06-2012

I've been going top for awhile, and every time I play a bruiser champ like Jax or Olaf Akali gives me a really hard time. I've only been playing blind pick so I can't really pick a specific champ to counter her. What items should I be getting early so she doesn't snowball? Also, this isn't an Akali is OP qq thread, I'd just like advice for a build or strat or something.

Jesot

09-07-2012

Hex drinker earlier in your build and merc treads. If she's top, they're AP heavy anyway. Just build MR. Jax and Olaf have great natural damage anyway. On Jax, use E when she hits you with Q to avoid the bonus damage. It hurts. Jax should be winning that fight pretty easily. Pop R when she wants to exchange and you'll destroy her.

WonderBoy55

09-07-2012

Assassins like Akali and LeBlanc excel early/mid game, before most champions have much defense. Try not to fight them until you get health or MR. You might want to skip on gp10 items like philo stone, since the Regen won't help survive their burst, same Goes for sustain items like wriggles and hextech revolver. Merc treads, a quick giants belt or negatron cloak are good choices. One you can survive their burst, you should be able to beat then in a fight just with inherent sustain damage. This will delay your late game damage as jax/olaf, but will help make laning much smoother and make farming easier.

DontSweatTT

09-07-2012

Lee stomps akali because of the vision using E. Stack MR early, buying 2 null mantels on 2nd buy is an easy way of getting +48 MR, then building those into Mercs and Hexdrinker on 3rd buy. The goal is not to die, its okay if you get out farmed because you will still out damage akali in team fights as long as you dont feed her kills.

Hentitan

09-07-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2555315

Jax will win because Akali is a girl