Champion trading!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deodess

09-06-2012

Okay, this is possibly going to be one of the most outrageous ever conceived on this forum, but it might not be a bad one!
So I was thinking over the past few days how I don't use half the champions on my list, and there are some people who want said champions, but don't use the champions I want. Maybe someone was away from the game for a long period of time, and there are all these awesome new champions that he wants, but can't save all this IP for all of them, so here's what I thought up.
Get this: The ability to trade CHAMPIONS.
It's a simple concept, but an extreme convince. Like okay, Maybe there's alot of you that already own every single champion, but not everyone on here is you.
Here's some examples. Say I have Nocturne, a 6300IP champion, and I stopped using him ages ago because I preferred another jungler over him. At the same time, i'm saving up for days and weeks for another champion, like Ezreal. So instead of crying on the forums for a refund like alot of others do, why not have a simple system of trading?
Of course, no system like this will be without rules and limitations, right?
Rule #1:You can trade for 3 champions total within the timespan of 72 hours(?)
With something like this, you're bound to just trade for champions you need in a certain situation, say a friend wants you to go ADC, yet you have none (For some reason) so you just spam the trade contently. Well, sorry, but it's just unfair that way.
Rule #2:You cannot trade champions you received within a timespan of 168 hours
This is basically a penalty for using the system. If you don't like the champion you traded for, then tough luck, you already had one chance to fix that champion taste of yours, so you gotta wait another week.
Rules #3You can only trade champions if the value is the same.
This is the big one, you just cannot trade some cheap champion like Annie for a big expensive man like Talon. They must be the same value in IP. IE, 6300ip champion for 6300ip champion.
Rule #4The person you are trading with MUST be on your friends list
This is for organization purposes. I would also request a forum area just for trade decussions. It would be silly if you traded a champion to someone/thing that doesn't actually exist now would it?

That's all i could think of at the time, please leave a post about this if I could improve it, or trash it all together. It's my first suggestions, sorry if it sucks! >.<

KAYELZOR

09-06-2012

i'll drink to that

Ayreons

09-06-2012

It's not to bad, personally I think you should be able to seel a champ and get like 25%-50% of the ip spent on it. But that's just me.

Mid Mia Care Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2012

Riot would NEVER do this. They'd lose money.

Fubby2

09-06-2012

5 friends get 20 champs each. they play them til their bored, then they all switch. I get the time limit, but it could be worked around.

Deodess

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTecRoYaL View Post
Riot would NEVER do this. They'd lose money.
How would they lose money? That's why they're simple limitations to this system. It's not like I have 500$ sitting around waiting to buy champions.

ForbidenSoul

09-06-2012

Me too. Cheers!

However I think you should be able to trade champions of different IP/RP values. Should be up to the player if they want to trade for a lesser champion value or not.

Deodess

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbidenSoul View Post
Me too. Cheers!

However I think you should be able to trade champions of different IP/RP values. Should be up to the player if they want to trade for a lesser champion value or not.
But see, that could be exploited with smurf accounts.
Say he wants Darius on his noob account, so he'll buy some 400ip champion and trade with his main the Daruis.

Xianio

09-06-2012

Not a bad idea for us.

What's in it for Riot? That's who you need to convince. And please don't say "happier customers" you need to monetize it

Paradox666

09-06-2012

simple thing to do with this... make a smurf, farm ip on bots. Buy champs and then trade them to your main account.