Morgana Always Banned, No One Plays Lux?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheUnburned

09-07-2012

I personally love Lux. She's extremely fun to play and has a high skill cap to play her properly. It simply gets harder to play her well as the skill of your enemies goes up, because all of her abilities are dodgeable skillshots and players at high elos just don't seem to want to line up neatly for her laser. That said, decreasing the cooldown on her basic abilities might help bring her up a tier as an AP carry, but as a Lux player I feel like that could easily make her TOO strong in teamfights, so it may require the AP ratios to be knocked down a point on her basic abilities, and possibly notch up the AP ratio on her Ulti slightly to compensate for her burst.

pro4never

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2012

-Mana issues: They've mostly fixed this problem but lux cannot use many spells early game. She is very CDR reliant and can oom very easily if she's being shoved at all (morgana, tf, etc all common picks and can push quite hard early/mid)

-Less Utility: Morgana can split up entire enemy teams by flashing in, ulting and using hourglass. Her snare is huge duration, her shield gives CC IMMUNITY to the target (protect the ADC so they can win late game)

-Lane phase: Morgana pushes harder early/mid (mid cannot roam), sustains much better (dat passive) and has similar ability to avoid being ganked. This changes mid/late game as lux starts to get some cdr, mp5 and significant amounts of AP but w/e.

-Snowballing: Morgana comes back from a bad early game easier (not fed? You still split entire teams if you can just flash/hourglass) wheras lux can still farm but has very little teamfight presence if she doesn't get items built in time.

TL; DR

I love lux, she's far from bad but Morgana is banned due to UTILITY more so than her burst which is more where lux shines (constant poke + burst + decent utility)

Epictues

09-07-2012

morganas shield is much more useful than Luxes

contrary to popular belief she doesnt burst massive damage, check her spells and the scaling

once she does burst someone, shes pretty much out of the fight(cooldowns)

at higher elo lvls, people are better at dodging all your spells

Lux ult is fun but for useful group fighting purposes, Morganas ult is better

Morganas stats are better

Morganas spell vamp gives her more substainability

they are similar but Morgana is picked over Lux for a reason

Man of Troy

09-14-2012

Everyone complains about the cooldowns, but her skill have to have a decent CD. A double snare on a 5 sec CD, would that make sense? and her ult at lowest rank is only a 60 CD, and at max CD its like a 24 sec CD. I play a lot of lux and even the 'counters' ie kass, lb are not bothering me so much anymore. lux can out range their gap closers. I have carried games too, when the other enters the fight with half health bc I just ulted that is a massive advantage for my team. I played a little morg too, and to be honest it is a little like apples and oranges. one is a tank mage, one a friggin cannon. both fail without a team and absolutly require a follow up to be successful.

illidan721

09-16-2012

the most important is the ult.morg's ult can force flash and dps away while cd is not that high with certain cdr.second, the immune shield allow little mistake on positioning.

Mambazo

09-16-2012

Morg is banned because of flash+zhonya's+ult. It forces enemy teams to blow flashes and disperse or lose a teamfight. Lux has nothing like this.