Does a Good/Bad Support Make or Break your ADC?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Chi Unit

09-21-2012

@Karshstorm: Support is truly the unsung role that people always seem to ignore. I've played many a game as Sona where my ADC simply runs in, gets stunned and, despite blowing my entire kit trying to keep them alive, they die and then I get yelled at. Usually the best thing to do in that situation is to gently remind them that you can't support them properly if they keep diving in. If they spam rage at you, do what you can to support them. If they insist on diving and dying, keep doing whatever you can. Supports have to be the zen masters of the lane Remain calm and carry on.

Daddygrimes

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder kitsune View Post
Alternately, a bad ADC makes or breaks your support. Sure, I have gp5. I've been warding. I've been healing/stunning. But if you don't watch where I ward, or if you run away at full hp and mana while I'm setting you up a kill; alternately you go all in while I'm the one out of mp and trying to back off, or you think it's ok to eat all the poke you can since you have a support with you, or you just sit back all game long.... I really see no reason to NOT take your cs and at least hope to help the rest of the team once laning is over.
Amen. I am new to support and enjoy it. I know my role and work hard to fulfill my purpose. I watch for my ADC's mana and will only initiate a pin or stun when they are near and ready. I cant count how many times I have done due diligence and waited for the right situation, initiated the pin or stun on an ADC and either get killed or barely make it out and my ADC is still farming.
Better yet, I initiate on an ADC, the support agros me in an effort to release pressure, then my ADC begins chasing the support down instead of engaging the ADC. I turn to fight the support, which turns to fight my ADC and voile, (another episode of Charlie Chaplin's "Cops and Robbers")....we both die.

To answer the question...tell the support what you want, when its a pick up game. Generally they will do what you want them to. If not, sounds like a troll.

My 2 cents.

Stew514

01-17-2013

It's a duo lane, if one of you is having a bad game it's going to be difficult for the other to be successful.

White Nitro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Put it this way: if both ADCs are equally skilled, but one has a bad support, the one with the bad support will lose.

RockJockey

01-17-2013

Goes both ways

lightmagician60

05-15-2013

i'd also like to note.. a bad ADC can also brake a support too... the gold per 5 is nice but most of the gold they get is from assist.. if your adc stands there under turret "playing safe" as i was told once by one.. i call it "zoning your self" and lets not forget those ADC that think the support needs to die and ignores the ADC...

Will the Llama

05-15-2013

I think that both parties are liable, but the supports job is to carry/feed the adc kills (their own, not the enemy one) and make sure they stay alive, so if the adc isn't doing well, it's the supports job to correct that.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

05-15-2013

The thing is... yes, most of a supports gold comes from assists... but that goes both ways. If the support on Team A isn't getting any assists, but simultaneously, the support on Team B isn't getting any assists, then no one is getting kills either way, and it's perfectly even.

Meanwhile, if Team A's ADC is even or ahead on CS, that's good. And if you're able to do it from the safety of your own turret, that's even better. Because at that point, it's only a matter of time before the jungler comes down for free kills. You get your assists, then ADC shoves lane, you both back, and you get your GP10 item before the enemy.