Elo Boosting Illegal???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DougMaverick

09-05-2012

I was talking to a friend who informed me an elo boosting service existed, is this illegal? Do many people partake in these services?

C9 Jon Snow

09-05-2012

yes. I will get you gold for riot graves skin np

DougMaverick

09-05-2012

lol I'm just wondering and looking for someone with a legit answer please

MoonsBane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

It's called a elo job.

Think of it like a Hooker; technically, paying someone for a "elo" job in real life is illegal. But it's almost impossible for them to find out you did. It's against the rules but they have no real way of proving that you did.

With that being said, i do not endorse elo jobs or... "elo" jobs. Go at your own risk, be careful though, you might end up with a... "tranny" you steals your "account".

DougMaverick

09-05-2012

Welp thanks

DrDocktor

09-05-2012

Being a hooker in not illegal in parts of Nevada, so just go get your elo job there, since they're basically the same thing.

xDanielWang

09-05-2012

A bunch of pretty popular streamers are always doing elo jobs. If it's actually illegal... well.. iunno

Lebron Games

09-05-2012

no they are not illegal
its against the terms of service end user license agreement though

Tekshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

Not like Riot cares enough to do anything about it.

jadelink

09-05-2012

These things used to happen all the time when MMO games introduced 'grind' to keep players playing their monthly fees to get to lvl 100+. This was tedious, so players payed some poor people in China or Mexico to lvl up accts and get gold and items for them.

The companies often went nuts over this, then the smart ones stopped being aggressive and sold 'lvl boosts' and 'xp boosts' and ingame currency. It's the model we see now.

The thing is you cant buy ELO, but players want it as a mark of status. The funny thing is that those who buy it usually have that ELO plummet, as they simply cant play at that skill lvl. If they sit still, it decays at 25 per month, but I suppose they buy some bragging time. Willing buyer, willing seller scenarios are terribly hard to stop, and usually not worth putting effort into.