About the rune combiner

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LegendKiller Bot

09-05-2012

Dear Riot,
I know you guys have been very busy at creating cool new features to the game, namely spectator mode, new maps, queue AFK system, etc, and I really appreciate the work you guys have put in. But there's something that I think has been left out for quite a while.

The rune combiner, on my opinion, is rarely used. Because:
1)Players nowadays hardly buy the non-optimal runes for their pages. Thus there isn't much leftover runes to combine.(Unless they buy pre-20 level runes. I didn't start to buy runes till level 20, and hardly used the combiner.)
2)The rune combiner works by CHANCE. No, you don't get to pick what runes you want, instead have to pick 3-5 leftover runes(I don't really remember how many you have to use for the combiner) to combine into 1 rune by CHANCE. I think the chance mechanism deters people from even using it, if they even have leftover runes.

With that being said, I have some solutions in mind:
1)Let players choose what rune they want to have after combining.
2)Let the players sell off the wrong runes for a lower price(doesn't screw up any RP, only IP).
3)Scrap the whole rune combiner and make a new system regarding runes.

I'd like to say thanks to all of those who spent time reading this and creating constructive feedback. And thanks to Riot for creating such a wonderful game we all enjoy!
EDIT:Haven't played league of months btw, so correct me if I'm wrong.

xDanielWang

09-05-2012

I think it's fine where it is. Rune Combiner was intended to help convert your Tier 1 runes when you were a low level, up to tier 3 runes. It does that job well despite the whole "chance" factor that I really don't like. If anything was to change, I would say the random rune part

Soper

09-05-2012

I just want to be able to get rid of my Tier 1 & 2 runes w/o purchasing more of them.

@Riot - delete them for me?

LegendKiller Bot

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDanielWang View Post
I think it's fine where it is. Rune Combiner was intended to help convert your Tier 1 runes when you were a low level, up to tier 3 runes. It does that job well despite the whole "chance" factor that I really don't like. If anything was to change, I would say the random rune part
Yeah I really don't like the chance factor which made me not buying runes until level 20. -.-

LegendKiller Bot

09-05-2012

Haven't played league of months btw, so correct me if I'm wrong. :P

HandOfBlood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

The problem with being able to choose is that you could buy a ton of Tier 1 runes and then just combine up to what you actually want while saving a ton of ip. This is actually kinda fun if you have some ip to blow, I remember how I gambled and essentially "won" a dodge rune for a fraction of it's actual price.

LegendKiller Bot

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandOfBloodBFMV View Post
The problem with being able to choose is that you could buy a ton of Tier 1 runes and then just combine up to what you actually want while saving a ton of ip. This is actually kinda fun if you have some ip to blow, I remember how I gambled and essentially "won" a dodge rune for a fraction of it's actual price.
Woah! Never thought of that. Good point! If it was me, I would restrict players from buying tier 1 runes after level 20. The goal here is to make pre-level 20 runes much more worth buying. As in my case I haven't bought any pre-level 20 runes.

devils hatchet

11-13-2012

Yeah i finally discovered the rune combiner when i was lvl 30. I tried it out and sacrificed 3 ad runes and got a health per level quint. Wasnt really what i needed for my ad build -.-

gurvmlk

01-07-2013

I personally think the rune combiner should allow the obtaining of unique runes that can only be gotten by using it, instead of giving you ones you can just simply purchase. Would make the feature feel a bit more worthwhile.

AresSupreme

01-07-2013

I've been level 30 for like 6 months and have no idea what a "Rune Combiner" is...