Scoots, manager of team EG, confirms exclusivity contracts by Riot

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrHarz

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Guys, letís clear this up: this was a big miscommunication between Riot and a few teams. We are not requiring team organizations to be exclusive to League of Legends, period.

Our goal as an eSports organization is simple. Itís to do our best to over deliver on the expectations of our fans. This is why we have made a very large commitment to eSports, despite being a young company relative to some of the largest game companies in the world. We have set a high bar for ourselves as we have decided to take on some ambitious and unconventional risks such as building an official league and formalizing consistent regular season play. We have made this a focus because we love eSports as much as our fans and we believe it deserves the best possible production quality, live events, and fan/player experience. And ultimately, we believe our initiative and investment in eSports will help every competitive game.
You cleared up nothing.

You just said "It was a misunderstanding!" and then went off on a giant tangent of frivolous irrelevant hype about how awesome Riot is.

Zerglinator

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonPancake View Post
Keep spamming bro. Maybe we can keep a count of how many of your posts are offtopic. We can tally it with your "inb4 points."
Go ahead.

I implore you, sir.

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
You do realize Riot is one of the worst communicators in existence as far as game companies, right? I mean, they're actually trying unlike most others(*cough*blizz*cough*), but (and no offense to any reds) they suck at it right now.

Never attribute to maliciousness what you can attribute to incompetence.
It is not imcompetence actually. Not giving details and derailing a subject to how focused and good you are compared to the competition is a high level Politicians game.
When the Presidential debates start you will see the same. Someone asks a question the candidate doesn't want to answer.

So he doesn't. Instead he wastes everyone's time explaining how he did this and that which are in no way related to the question. Then on to the next question and the common denominator of people think, "Woah, that is my candidate! I can't wait to vote!"
Just like how this red post got upvoted for some reason.

DoctorMcPain

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEHFAILZ View Post
I don't understand how you can claim it was a miscommunication when multiple big names in esports are saying that this is a confirmed thing that was already in place and was only retracted after you talked with some of those big names for a week or two.

Crsh

09-06-2012

Quote:
Guys, letís clear this up: this was a big miscommunication between Riot and a few teams. We are not requiring team organizations to be exclusive to League of Legends, period.

Our goal as an eSports organization is simple. Itís to do our best to over deliver on the expectations of our fans. This is why we have made a very large commitment to eSports, despite being a young company relative to some of the largest game companies in the world. We have set a high bar for ourselves as we have decided to take on some ambitious and unconventional risks such as building an official league and formalizing consistent regular season play. We have made this a focus because we love eSports as much as our fans and we believe it deserves the best possible production quality, live events, and fan/player experience. And ultimately, we believe our initiative and investment in eSports will help every competitive game.
We need transparency on this, not feathery bull****.

FrostRevenant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2012

this thread AGAIN? 3 different threads and each time riot has responded by saying this is an untrue rumor. and not correct.

DoctorMcPain

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostRevenant View Post
this thread AGAIN? 3 different threads and each time riot has responded by saying this is an untrue rumor. and not correct.
Except that it just came out that the rumors were in fact true, or so are claiming several representatives from major e-sports organizations.

Jassu

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonPancake View Post
Strange, that must be why the members of multiple eSports organizations have come out and confirmed that they were planning to do it. I am sure that's just a conspiracy theory. The COO of EG must be a conspirator. League players are an awful lot like Republicans - refusing to acknowledge the facts when it is convenient for them.
Confirmed how? You just have them arbitrarily claiming that it's the case. In this situation, I'm more inclined believe Riot's word given how absurd it would be for them to force exclusivity and that their primary focus on eSports is for the players and not themselves.

What reasoning do you have to believe otherwise?

Vialley

09-06-2012

Quote:

Taking Dodging lessons from Tryndamere i see.

SuicideCreamPuff

09-06-2012

is it just me or are reds always doing PR damage control