Scoots, manager of team EG, confirms exclusivity contracts by Riot

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nautagod

Senior Member

09-06-2012

Ahhh shiet. Bad move Riot


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duke Br0heimer

Senior Member

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karathrow View Post
Right but even if what you are saying is true, this is still speculation. You can say "oh well active lol teams are afraid of coming out about it", but it's sort of like saying "UFOS and bigfoot are real, people are just afraid of admitting it". You can really make any baseless claim like that with NO evidence to back it up.
Allegations have been confirmed by 3 major eSport teams. They have nothing to gain from lying to us about this. You playing Devil's advocate in this situation just makes you look like an idiot.
No idea what you have to gain from kissing Riot's ass when what they did clearly was a scumbag move, which they now try their best to cover up by deleting posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karathrow View Post
EDIT: At the end of the day what I'm saying is we don't have enough information to make a true judgment on the situation.
That statement struck me as especially full of shit. In general, I think you're full of shit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arroo

Senior Member

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusalis View Post
But that's wrong you ******.

If we want to take your analogy, that would be like saying the NFL will refuse cities to participate in football games because they have a basketball team.
Bad analogy is bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

skippymcgee

Senior Member

09-06-2012

At least the EUW boards aren't sensationalizing this story as much as NA. It's like watching Fox News attack democrats or vice-versa with cnn.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karathrow

Senior Member

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by evawin View Post
Interesting straw man argument.

"See guys: 'Oh, I think I may have heard it, and we may have said no. And I think the other teams might have had similar stuff, so, yeah.' And everyone posting here obviously sided with the anti-collusion crowds when that happened. Therefore, none of it's true because you're just going on witch hunts! "
That's not what I was saying at all, now you're making a straw man. Not sure if intentional or just dense.

Quote:
And what of Rileno from compLexity Gaming?
The quote I attached was his post from reddit, I guess I didn't make that clear enough.

Quote:
Or Kennigit from Liquid? They didn't say "oh, well, I kind of heard it." No, they both said, in black and white, this is what we were told, and we said no.
Where was this said by them? That they were in the room when this was told to them by a rioter. Not "oh I heard that someone's cousin's friend heard"

Quote:
And you complain about evidence in a very media-oriented case. Do you ask where the reporter got his lead from? No; the lead in question could possibly be endangered and the reporter's integrity called into question.
Yes you do, if someone has a history of finding mysterious anonymous sources. Ever heard of Stephen Glass? Might want to look him up. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen...%28reporter%29

Quote:
This isn't a witch-hunt without probable cause. There is ample cause for alarm that Riot would try to sweep esports organizations under the rug.
There's no good reason for a witch hunt. Saying you have "probable cause" for a witchunt is like saying you have probable cause to beat someone to death. Witch hunts by their very nature are a perversion of justice.

Quote:
And for your mention of Janook, as a PR person, I can tell you that if done by the book, he should have remained quiet instead of giving something that isn't affirmed with the powers that be. He isn't some forum coordinator making some off-the-cuff comment on the issue; HE'S THE ESPORTS MANAGER FOR RIOT; IF HE SAYS SOMETHING, IT'S THE WORDS OF THE COMPANY UNTIL HE'S FIRED, SHELVED, OR OVERTURNED FROM ABOVE. DESPITE HIS TITLE, YOU'RE SAYING HE WAS "MISINFORMED" AS IF THAT WAS AN EXCUSE FOR SOMEONE OF HIS POSITION. Redacting is not indicative of Riot lying, but deleting a post is very suspect. If it was such a mistake, there would be a public announcement explaining the reasons behind the deletion. Is there? No.
You're saying it's not possible he didn't know about it?

Quote:
This is obviously a cover-up, and you're playing it off like "It might be true, but it also might not be, so that means we don't have to worry."

P.S. Riot is a collective entity; it's called a corporation.
I didn't say "we don't have to worry", I'm saying that rushing to judgment with little information and posting hearsay as irrefutable evidence is just plain stupid to say the least. Your last comment seems to miss my point. Yes Riot is a corporation but it is made up of PEOPLE and they are not yet apart of a hivemind as far as I know. Perhaps they have become one with the matrix and call access each other's minds instantly and share knowledge, I simply don't know.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karathrow

Senior Member

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Br0heimer View Post
Allegations have been confirmed by 3 major eSport teams. They have nothing to gain from lying to us about this. You playing Devil's advocate in this situation just makes you look like an idiot.
No idea what you have to gain from kissing Riot's ass when what they did clearly was a scumbag move, which they now try their best to cover up by deleting posts.



That statement struck me as especially full of shit. In general, I think you're full of shit.
This type of tone is not conducive to constructive dialogue. If you were trying to prove that people who share your opinion are level headed and not on an irrational ragefest witch-hunt you have done yourself and your viewpoint a disservice.

As for the 3 major esports teams confirming it, only 2 people who are loosely associated with Lol have come forward with shaky second hand accounts. Nobody from Dignitas has made an official statement.

You are right I do not have anything to gain from defending Riot and I don't believe I AM defending Riot. I'm just defending level-headedness and being rational.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evawin

Senior Member

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karathrow View Post
That's not what I was saying at all, now you're making a straw man. Not sure if intentional or just dense.
At least humor doesn't get passed you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karathrow View Post
The quote I attached was his post from reddit, I guess I didn't make that clear enough.

Or Kennigit from Liquid? They didn't say "oh, well, I kind of heard it."

Where was this said by them? That they were in the room when this was told to them by a rioter. Not "oh I heard that someone's cousin's friend heard"
Did you not read the threads? The man has done nothing this past few days BUT say he was told so. In fact, it relates to keeping the leaks safe from harm.

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/co...dota_2/c611bb4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karathrow View Post
"And you complain about evidence in a very media-oriented case. Do you ask where the reporter got his lead from? No; the lead in question could possibly be endangered and the reporter's integrity called into question."

Yes you do, if someone has a history of finding mysterious anonymous sources. Ever heard of Stephen Glass? Might want to look him up. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen...%28reporter%29
Another straw man argument. If the first sentence of the article isn't proof enough of source testing, then I don't know what is. I can tell you already know little of journalism and reporting; Stephen Glass is a cautionary tale of fraudulent journalism, not in opposition to protected sources.

"Stephen Randall Glass (born 1972) is a former US journalist..."

Fabricating an entire story gets you fired? Imagine that. But your argument doesn't address the issue of the sources; it merely tries to discredit the sources existence. Not only that, you fail to address that the leak about the exclusivity came from several different sources, not one from one reporter. You're just insinuating that Rileno, Kennigit, and a host of others are automatically incorrect in their sources because of a single, unrelated instance of fraudulent journalism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karathrow View Post
There's no good reason for a witch hunt. Saying you have "probable cause" for a witchunt is like saying you have probable cause to beat someone to death. Witch hunts by their very nature are a perversion of justice.
You twist my words, sir. I referred to alarm raised as necessary, not witch hunt you make it out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karathrow View Post
You're saying it's not possible he didn't know about it?
Are you saying it is? Cause his job relies on knowing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karathrow View Post
I didn't say "we don't have to worry", I'm saying that rushing to judgment with little information and posting hearsay as irrefutable evidence is just plain stupid to say the least. Your last comment seems to miss my point. Yes Riot is a corporation but it is made up of PEOPLE and they are not yet apart of a hivemind as far as I know. Perhaps they have become one with the matrix and call access each other's minds instantly and share knowledge, I simply don't know.
By that logic, Riot's announcement is equally as hearsay. There aren't records of their meetings that they released to show that they didn't plan to do it in the first place. Instead, we get an announcement days after the leaks started churning that said "No, we never planned on it. Nope, never."

And here you go again making it some phantom people making the statement. It was Janook, Riot Esports Manager. Well, their matrix mainframe may need an upgrade or two, like email to double check on information, but that's outside of their mental programming, as you insinuate. Since Riot's said nothing to counter this announcement, but instead just ignored, deleted, and hides the post, the investigation is much stronger than you try to dissuade. This is a problem, and it is quite real.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

skippymcgee

Senior Member

09-06-2012

Burden of proof is on the prosecutor, not the defendant, and the only thing that their deletion of some posts on the topic says is that they don't want fearmongers riling up GD.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vrouge

Senior Member

09-06-2012

Riot r gud. Dey need coat da game wit moar fluff while keep da gameplay terriball.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FatJuggahole

Member

09-06-2012

lmao riot is ****